Contracts & Pricing Specialist (JP4917)
Thousand Oaks, CA.
Business Unit: U.S. Value & Access/Trade Pricing & Contract Management
3Key Consulting Inc. is recruiting for a Contracts & Pricing Specialist
with 5+ years’ contracts experience (JD preferable) for a global, CA-based, bio-pharmaceutical company.
Our ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills, detail-oriented, a Microsoft Word expert. Ideally with knowledge of the Payor industry and/or biotech/pharma, technologically savvy enough to learn and adapt to our Contract Lifecycle Management software quickly; familiarity with basic structure of agreements, terms and conditions, preferably sales-side agreements; ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment (calm in a crisis); and 5 – 8 years of experience.
We are seeking a key member of the Strategic Pricing and Contracting team, specifically in Contract Development & Foundation. This position is primarily responsible for contract creation and key contract processes in support of Payer, Provider and/or Channel segment contracting. Responsibilities include:
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
- Drafting contracts, amendments, notice letters and other operative documents.
- Creating document language that accurately describes new programs, incentives and objectives.
- Conducting contract negotiations with customers; communicating with other functional components of the department on the operation and implementation of business unit contracts and participating in and supporting meetings to plan, provide feedback and anticipate the needs of the business unit.
- Position also involves reporting activities and metrics to supervising Director, managing customer document files, folders and templates, conducting redline review meetings, communicating document status to stakeholders and certifying that key process controls have been met.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Contracting experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced job.
- Communication and project management skills.
There are only 37 days for this job assignment, so we would expect the candidate to come up to speed quickly (within a week or two) and be able to draft and produce high quality (error-free) documents, manage and follow our contracting workflow process from contract request through execution, pitch-in and assist teammates experience high volume, and do other (not so glamorous but necessary) tasks as assigned (i.e., QC data entry, update Master Agreement Reference files, etc.)
Why This Position Is Open:
- Bachelors degree required.
- Law Degree or Master’s Degree (MBA/MS) preferred.
- Ability to effectively translate discount and rebate strategies into legal language.
- Ability to effectively explain complex legal terms and positions to internal stakeholders.
- Extensive document drafting experience (preferably in a fast-paced environment, e.g. consulting firms, biotech, tech companies, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of the basic types of commercial agreement structures and the function and purpose of key legal terms (i.e., indemnification, limitation of liability, warranties, intellectual property, data rights, confidentiality etc.).
- Ability to prioritize competing interests and projects and manage a high volume of contract document requests.
- Experience using Contract Lifecycle Management software preferred.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech or healthcare environment preferred
- Excellent/Advanced computer & M/S Office skills.
- Excellent writing skills; detail-oriented.
- Executive presence. Develops and delivers formal presentations to senior management. Communicates effectively within and outside department.
- Ability to facilitate internal reviews with key stakeholders.
- High attention to detail/reporting accuracy, balances strong detail orientation with the ability to conceptualize problems.
- Identifies and implements cross-functional process improvement opportunities.
- Highly complex problem-solving that identifies and develops solutions to complex problems from a strategic and operational perspective that have significant impact to the business and may cross departments.
- Communicates complex concepts and/or counter-intuitive findings clearly and credibly to multiple audiences, including senior management.
- Determines actions required to resolve problems or issues and coordinates with other departments as needed to ensure resolution.
- Exercises good judgment and initiative in addressing significant business issues.
- Works independently with strong ability to develop prioritization and completion timeframes for multiple projects and make decisions with minimal direction.
- Self motivated. Identifies, recommends and manages projects that support the needs of the business.
- Thinks strategically (can see the big picture) while delivering results at the appropriate level of detail.
- Operates effectively in ambiguous situations.
- Professional approach and executive presence that inspire confidence in the project results.
- Can run an effective decision-making meeting with SPC attendees, as well as other departments.
- Team player who proactively supports team and can influence without positional authority.
- Effectively represents his/her team in a complex matrix organization with cross-functional groups across the broader organization.
- Excellent project management skills and capacity to manage/lead multiple, simultaneous projects to completion against challenging timelines.
- Interprets and applies regulations associated with relevant legal issues.
- Provides training and guidance to others.
- Provides analyses and recommendations to support decisions by SPC & executive management
Increased competition in the market for several of our products, including but not limited to biosimilar competitors = increased contract document requests during an already busy time of year for contracts (Q4 – end of year expirations and holidays/break)
Employee Value Proposition:
It’s challenging, never a dull moment; to have a hand in ensuring that patients who can benefit from our products have access to them and at the end of the day, that’s what we’re doing and that’s why it matters.
They need to have some kind of relevant experience.
Phone followed by in-person interview.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com. You are also welcome to share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.