Business Data Analyst - Financial (JP4974)
Thousand Oaks, Ca.
12 months with likely extension
: Translational Sciences Administration
3Key Consulting Inc. is looking to recruit for Senior Business Data Analyst for a leading, international pharmaceutical company headquartered in Thousand Oaks, CA
The position will require the individual to build and implement data infrastructure and reporting for portfolio and resource planning; provide technical expertise in business data analytics along with project management services (as mentioned below). The individual will create dashboards and data models to support prioritization of projects and resources. The individual will work in a matrixed environment to gather requirements and design solutions to enable both portfolio planning/prioritization as well as resource utilization and forecasting.
Technical expertise with data management and analytics (both theory and application), experience with financial analytics and analytical solutions design, project management experience, works well in teams and in a matrix environment. Tableau analyst experience is a must.
Daily responsibilities: gathering requirements and designing solutions for business analytics with a focus on the Translational Sciences Product and Portfolio Management implementation and resource and expense analytics.
Preferred Location is on -site in Thousand Oaks, but manager would consider remote workers as long as they are close to an Amgen site- as they would be required to attend on-site meetings.
Previous Amgen Experience, perform the data analytics and visualization pieces, interested in the actual “do” of the analytics piece, not just a pure IS focus but understand Finance data.
Must have skills:
Preferred skills may include…
- SQL and/or MS Access (intermediate/advanced)… at least demonstrate a strong understanding of database design, normalization, joins, unions, subqueries, etc
- Tableau (intermediate/advanced) – experience using parameters, dashboards, data blending/joins, calculations, table calculations, LOD calculations
- Data visualization expertise with financial data
- Programming expertise with financial and portofolio data (cost and resource)
- Excellent soft skills (working well in teams, etc)
• Experience in 1 or more scripting languages
• Experience with data wrangling/munging
- Finance, Portfolio Management experience, Data analytics and visualization, Programming
- BSc, MBA preferred,
- 5-7 years in Business Data Analytics and handling Financial Data
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Leading the appropriate sourcing process for new and existing business requirements;
- Executing the contract negotiation strategy
- Leading the contract negotiation through execution. Skills: sourcing/procurement experience; ability to analyze pricing data; negotiation skills, and excellent communication skills
Ggathering requirements and designing solutions for business analytics, leading the execution of the reporting workstream in support of the Translational Sciences Product and Portfolio Management implementation
Employee Value Proposition:
Individual will join a high performing team to drive value in productivity, continuous improvement in business analytics within the Translational Sciences organization as well as R&D strategic initiatives. This will be a high exposure role to many functions and stakeholders as this team is responsible for resource, study and budget planning, contract management support, and engaged in operational excellence and Amgen transformation initiatives, The group is divided among three subcategories: Budget Execution, Resource Management and Study Planning and Forecasting.
Low learning agility Unable to work in a fast paced environment that changes rapidly Unable to work well in teams (does not exhibit soft skills during interview process Do not send candidates that do not have expertise in some analytics platforms like Tableau, Cognos, Microstrategy, etc or familiar with financial data terminology
Telephone Interview, testing, in-person interview
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to
If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.