Principal Data Engineer (JP67111)
Thousand Oaks, CA.
3Key Consulting Inc. is recruiting Principal Data Engineers
with 8 years’ experience architecting and building processes that extract, process and add value to data sets from multiple source systems for a global, CA-based, bio-pharmaceutical company.
Our client, a global leader in biotechnology, is seeking a Data Engineers (Principal, Senior and Associate) to help realize their Operations Data Strategy. This program will produce business insights through data science solutions. You will build upon their awarded Enterprise Data Lake to develop value added data products that span the Operations Domain (Process Development, Supply Chain, Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing). There is no more challenging data environment than Life Sciences due to the integration of scientific research, manufacturing, logistics of pharmaceutical products. Expect to make a difference in providing patients with products that meet their medical needs in a competitive landscape. Successful candidates will have:
Day to Day Responsibilities
- The requisite technical skills.
- Ability to synthesize business and technical constraints and requirements.
- The ability to absorb the nuances of the Bio-Tech operations value chain, including supply chain, logistics, and manufacturing source systems.
- High personal standards of productivity and quality.
- The ability to contribute in a collaborative and fast paced environment.
- Able to join-in with hands-on development tasks.
- Able to function as scrum master for the Data Engineering Team.
- Able to explain data architecture decisions and strategy to management.
- Defines and approves complex data product architectures for product and projects.
- Decides when a new design pattern is needed to fulfill specific requirements.
- Owns budget responsibility within the context of project planning.
- Collaborate with Data Architects, Business SME’s, and Data Scientists to architect data products and services.
- Provide architectural oversight for processes which perform data transformation, metadata extraction, workload management and error processing management.
- Lead the design and planning to implement standardized, automated operational and quality control processes to deliver accurate and timely data and reporting to meet or exceed SLAs.
- Drive the exploration and adoption of new tools, and techniques and propose improvements to the data pipeline.
- Integrate the operations data platform with the Data Scientist workbench, the Data Marketplace, and Analytic tools such as Tableau, Spotfire, R, etc.
- Act as a product manager for the operations data platform backlog.
- Act as a run manager, provide Run/DevOps support.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Master’s degree and 6 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of Information Systems experience
Associate degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 5 or more years of experience designing complex and inter – dependent data models for analytic, Machine learning use cases.
- 8 or more years of experience architecting and building processes that extract, process and add value to data sets from multiple source systems.
- 5 or more years of experience architecting and building processes that extract, process and add value to data sets from multiple source systems.
- Experiencing with data modeling and tuning of relational as well as NoSQL datastores (Oracle, Red-shift, Impala, HDFS/Hive, Athena, etc.).
- Experience working with distributed computing tools (Spark, Hive, etc.).
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, S3, Lambda.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, etc.
- 5 or more years of experience working with leading agile development methodologies such as Sprint and Scrum.
- Experience with Software engineering best-practices, including but not limited to version control (Git, TFS, Subversion, etc.), CI/CD (Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.), automated unit testing, Dev Ops.
- Experience with Semantic technologies and approaches is a plus.
- Biotech / Pharma experience is a plus.
- Full stack development using infrastructure cloud services (AWS preferred) and cloud-native tools and design patterns (Containers, Serverless, Docker, etc.) is a plus.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com. You are also welcome to share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.