Senior Associate Software Engineer (JP65136)
Thousand Oaks, CA.
Global Development Operations
3Key Consulting Inc. is recruiting for a Senior Associate Software Engineer
with at least one year’ experience (depending on education) in SDLC, agile/SCURM methodologies, Java-based technologies (Groovy, Swing, JAX-WS, Perl, Spring, Jetty, JSP, Nexus etc.), and cloud-based technologies for a global, CA-based, bio-pharmaceutical company.
The Global Development Operations team is a critical business area with high impact on Amgen's Clinical Study Execution and Pipeline delivery. Information and Technology plays a vital role in support of this business area. The industry is quickly evolving to leverage advances in technologies (e.g. mobile devices, EHR/EMR, Big data, Real world Healthcare data, Social networks, Investigator portals, predictive information analytics, simulation and modeling etc.).
This Software Engineer role will serve as part of the IS project team in support of Clinical Trial Management IS Service. The role requires good understanding of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) methodologies and ability to partner with the business analyst understand business need, translate it into System requirements and develop and implement the optimal solution. This role also requires the ability to work closely with IS leads, architects, technical SMEs, and testers to support project execution.
The primary duties will involve being part of a project team working under the guidance of the IS lead and management to execute projects, translate business requirements into system requirements, design and develop technical capabilities, conducting design sessions in partnership with the IS lead and architect, conduct unit and integration testing, liaising with the test and support teams, provide hyper care, and provide system lifecycle support by providing enhancements as per roadmap.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Provides system analysis support for projects, and work effectively in a team environment under guidance of leads and management.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Clearly articulates and documents system design, architecture and requirements, and work with Project Manager/Lead to ensure technical capabilities are delivered according to the timeline.
- Develop software solutions (e.g. applications, integration, reports) based on system requirements on the platform of choice.
- Ability to complete tasks within a large project setting under the direction of the lead, and able to lead small project independently.
- Obtains key inputs from architecture, build, and run teams and identifies solution interdependencies.
- Explores and evaluate new technologies and provide assessment to IS and business leads.
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Associate’s degree and 6 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Information Systems experience
- The role requires a self-motivated, confident team player who has excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Displays consistent flexibility, resilience, teamwork and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrates learning agility and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with all phases of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and use of Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
- Hands-on experience in developing and managing Java based applications including knowledge in tool sets such as Groovy, Swing, JAX-WS, Perl, Spring, Jetty, JSP, Nexus etc.
- Prior experience with cloud technologies (AWS or Azure), Integration platform technologies (e.g. MuleSoft), and Content/Document Workflow Management Systems (e.g. Veeva) is desirable.
- Experience in methods and technologies to support Clinical System integrations (e.g. ETL– Informatica, Web Services/messaging, data mapping).
- Experience in data modeling & data warehousing, analytics and visualization tools (e.g. Spotfire, Tableau), and building complex database applications.
- Demonstrated aptitude and exposure with industry standard tools to execute and automate the more technical aspects of statistical data analysis, including SQL, R, SAS, Python (or equivalent).
- Database experience: SQL query, (familiarity with Hive/Hadoop, Mongo, Pandas).
- Familiar with data visualization tools: Tableau, Spotfire or similar; d3.js.
- Basic knowledge of clinical trial process and systems is a plus
Phone followed by in-person interview.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com. You are also welcome to share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.