Specialist Business/Project Analyst (JP5078)
Thousand Oaks, CA.
OIS Project & Service Excellence
1+ years (likely extensions)
3Key Consulting Inc. is recruiting for a Specialist Business Analyst/Project Analyst
with 3 - 5 years’ experience in project communication and analysis for a global, CA-based, bio-pharmaceutical company.
The Portfolio & Service Analyst works within the Project & Service Excellence Group in Operations IS (OIS) to cross-functionally support the Supply Chain, Engineering, Process Development, and Quality IS Teams. This individual will directly manage the financial and governance aspects of OIS Project Portfolio and be a member of the Amgen IS portfolio management team. There will also be many opportunities to participate in and lead special projects, exercising technical skills, increasing visibility, and driving career growth.
The successful candidate will be a strong contributor to the delivery capability of Operations IS by closely tracking and reporting the Project Portfolio Forecast and Spend, supporting functions in investment and project lifecycle processes, and leveraging analytics tools to provide OIS Portfolio Managers with various presentations and portfolio related insights for decision making. He or she will also gather, analyze and present data related to the OIS Project Portfolio, as well as the ad hoc needs as and when needed.
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to concisely present various subjects to leadership and coordinate all functional leads to provide requested data/updates.
- Proficiency in Analytics tools such as Tableau and Alteryx preferred (plus deep experience with Excel).
- Skilled with formulating data and ideas into concise and meaningful visual communication in tools such as PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in Office tools such as Microsoft Excel.
- Drive a deep/comprehensive analytics process related to OIS projects, including spend, performance, value delivery, prioritization, and historical trends.
- Coordinate and drive various OIS Data Requests related to Project Portfolio, Application Portfolio, and Workforce Metrics by collaborating with OIS Functional Leads –gather/consolidate cross-functional raw data and leverage tools such as Tableau and PowerPoint to present information in a form easily consumable by leadership.
- Closely track OIS Portfolio Spend as well as Forecasts to ensure spend alignment with forecasted cash flows.
- Coordinate with OIS Project Managers and Functional Leads to ensure portfolio demand data accuracy. Also, responsible for fact checking prioritization results to ensure projects align with Business Partner needs.
- Manage data for the OIS portfolio of projects within our enterprise tool, Service Now PPS, including the recurring LE (latest estimate) financial process.
- Coordinate Functional Leads to ensure monthly submissions of Key Milestones and Functional project updates for consolidation of ad-hoc CIO Reports and Business Performance Presentations.
- Perform Service Management task such as Compliance metrics tracking, follow up with Service Owners on Enterprise Teams ask, and follow up on other data request as and when needed.
Why This Position Is Open:
- MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project Analysis
Support additional workload.
Employee Value Proposition:
This role touches the way that Amgen IS delivers for operations. Critical component for being able to understand, communicate, leverage data, form new ideas and ways of doing it in how value is delivered to internal business partners. Will have exposure to Sr. Leaders in Operations IS across the organization. The opportunity to develop and improve processes used to manage the portfolio. Potential to be extended past the contract duration.
- We don't want a pure portfolio or Sr. Project Manager.
- Need an analyst that can perform portfolio and service analyst work.
- Not self-sufficient.
- Not able to tell stories through PowerPoint.
Phone followed by in-person interview.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com. You are also welcome to share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.