Manufacturing Associate - Biopharma (JP5104)
Thousand Oaks, CA.
Clinical Fermentation and Purification
18 months (likely extensions OR conversion to full-time)
$16 - $18/hour
3Key Consulting Inc. is recruiting for a Manufacturing Associate
with Bachelor’s degree in biology and/or life sciences with technical and mechanical ability to support the operations of cell culture production for a global, CA-based, bio-pharmaceutical company.
The position is within the Cell Culture Manufacturing group and will perform operations for cell culture production. See day-to-day responsibilities below.
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Mechanical and technical ability.
- Must be able to work all shifts.
- Must be able to understand GMP and compliance.
- Must take initiative
- Hands-on operation, set-up, cleaning, and sanitization of bioreactors and various cell culture support vessels.
- Prepare buffers/media per defined manufacturing procedures (MPs) and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Follow GMP documents (SOPs, MPs) with strict adherence to safety and compliance.
- Perform and monitor critical processes.
- Perform in process sampling of cell culture equipment and operate analytical equipment.
- Perform washroom activities; clean equipment, small to large scale, used in production activities.
- Maintain an organized and clean workspace.
- Work in a clean room environment wearing steel toe shoes, full clean room gowning, hairnet and latex gloves when performing all work.
- Initiate quality nonconformance reports.
- Draft and revise documents (SOPs, MPs).
- Identify, recommend, and implement improvements related to routine functions.
- Assist in the review of documentation for assigned functions (equipment logs, batch records).
- Available to work various shifts (day, swing, graves, weekends, holidays, 5x8hrs, 4x10hrs) as dictated by the production schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree OR
- Associate’s degree and 3 years of Manufacturing & Operations experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 6 years of Manufacturing & Operations experience
Why This Position Is Open:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology and/or Life Sciences.
- Able to work in teams to complete operational tasks.
- Ability to take direction well, follow documents and policies at all times.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Create a positive work environment through interactions with team members.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs and work on your feet for long durations
Expanding and increasing production rate. Need additional headcount to meet this demand.
Employee Value Proposition:
This position has a high likelihood to convert to an FTE if there is an opening or extend past the initial contract length. This person would have high visibility into the bio-tech industry which would allow them the ability to grow their career within this sector.
- Not local in distance to Amgen.
- If they are looking for research position, this is not it.
- They need mechanical experience or show aptitude.
- Unable to work all shifts and be flexible (evenings, weekends, etc.)
- Phone Interview.
- In person Interview.
- Able to begin interviewing ASAP.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com. You are also welcome to share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.