Specialist IS Analyst – Windows Admin (JP5148)
Thousand Oaks, Ca
Research and Translational Informatics
12 months with possible extensions
3Key Consulting Inc. is recruiting for a Specialist IS Analyst
with windows administration expertise to join the Enterprise Benchtop Services team. The position will perform Windows system administration for laboratory-based computer systems used to control laboratory instruments (instrument controllers), for a global, CA-based, bio-pharmaceutical company.
The position will perform Windows system administration for laboratory-based computer systems used to control laboratory instruments (instrument controllers). The IS Analysts will work closely with scientific functional groups to install, configure, test, maintain, and troubleshoot lab workstation hardware and software.
This position will be specifically focused on upgrading Amgen’s lab IT assets from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and supporting processes to ensure proper instrument data management. There are over 2000 instrument controllers (computers used to run lab instruments) that need operating system and data management remediation. The role will also work on general lab IT system problem tickets as reported by lab scientists.
Service will typically be provided during normal Amgen business hours between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday – Friday, excluding Amgen Holidays and Shutdowns. However, some work may be required to be performed before or after these hours. Positions are available on Amgen’s campuses in Thousand Oaks CA (3 positions), Cambridge MA (1 position), South San Francisco CA (1 position).
Required Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities
- 3-5 years’ experience with Windows administration. Experience in a life science, laboratory, and/or regulated (GLP, GCP, GMP) environment is highly desirable.
- Windows Operating systems – Win10, Windows Server
- PC/Laptop Hardware maintenance
- Software/Hardware trouble-shooting
- Networking skills – TCP/IP, Windows Domains, Network configurations
- Excellent communication, customer relations and problem-solving
- Ability to work autonomously with follow-through to completion and documentation
- Organizational skills sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities. Related Skills (Desireable)
- Work experience in research laboratories and regulated environments
- Experience with administration of LIMS, ELN, and Waters systems
- Experience with ITIL, ServiceNow • Experience working in a GxP/GMP environment
- Experience supporting/troubleshooting laboratory systems such as HPLCs, Mass Specs and various other lab instruments
- Scripting – Powershell, Batch, Python
Typical activities will include:
Employee Value Proposition:
- Windows Upgrades: Configure and deploy Windows 10 based laboratory systems using Amgen’s pre-defined lab image to support laboratory instruments. Work with the scientists for functional testing and acceptance; supporting regulatory validation steps as required. Maintain IT asset inventory systems during deployments
- Lab Data Remediation: Configure data management software to automate movement of data from lab instrument computer systems to Amgen enterprise fileshares.
- General Ticket Resolution: Actively respond to incidents and requests for all laboratory software and systems. Perform system administration of both local and enterprise laboratory software and systems including: user account management, licensing management, Tier 1 incident response and troubleshooting.
- Documentation: Use ServiceNow to track service requests and/or escalate issues when necessary and to keep Amgen asset inventory up-to-date. Additional tasks may include:
- Physically inventory laboratory computers and reconcile with laboratory inventory system
- Support corporate deployments of anti-virus, software patches to laboratory computers
- Partner with Instrument vendors on system requirements, setups and configurations for new systems as well as upgrades to existing systems.
- Develop and maintain administration tools for the Enterprise Benchtop team primarily in C#, ASP.NET, SQL and IIS
This is an opportunity to work in a lab environment and learn their skills. High visibility project with great sponsorship. No one day will be the same, will encounter unique challenges. Will allow this person to use their troubleshooting capabilities.
• Must be able to work independently after initial guidance is provided.
• Must have excellent client-relationship skills
• Must be able to multi-task and manage multiple open work order tasks.
• Internal resume screening followed by a phone interview
• In person interview for final candidates
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.