Sr Associate Scientist - Biotech (JP5163)
South San Francisco, Ca.
Initial 5 months with likely extension
3Key Consulting Inc. is looking for role for a Sr Associate Scientist with experience in in-vivo models of cancer, for a global, CA-based, bio-pharmaceutical company.
The Department of Oncology at Amgen in South San Francisco is seeking a highly motivated researcher to perform in vivo pharmacology studies aimed at elucidating mechanisms of immune-mediated regulation of tumor growth in order to develop novel immunomodulatory therapies for the treatment of cancer.
Responsibilities will include conducting, analyzing and reporting data for PD, PK and efficacy studies to support the progression of oncology and inflammation research teams.
Must have extensive mouse handling skills, including: In vivo models of cancer; subcutaneous tumor inoculations and measurements; dosing techniques (iv, ip, subQ); blood and tissue (ex. tumor, spleen, lymph nodes, liver) collection. In vitro cell culture and flow cytometry experience is a plus.
Minimum Basic Qualifications
* B.S. degree in Physical, Life Sciences or related technical discipline.
* Min 2 years' working with mouse in vivo models
Primary responsibilities of this position include
- Previous drug discovery experience
- Research experience with preclinical murine models of cancer & cancer immunotherapy
- Hands on experience administering drugs through various routes
- Hands on experience with flow cytometry
- Computer literacy, especially proficiency with Graphpad Prism, Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, along with the ability to work in a flexible team-oriented environment
Conducting in vivo pharmacology oncology studies (mouse models). Inoculating tumors subcutaneously, measuring tumors, dosing, blood & tissue collection for PD, PK and efficacy studies. Working both independently and as part of a team to execute studies and to collect data
Top Must Have Skill Sets:
Employee Value Proposition:
- Extensive hands on experience with in vivo models of cancer: subcutaneous tumor inoculations and measurements; dosing techniques (iv, ip, subQ); blood and tissue (ex. tumor, spleen, lymph nodes, liver) collection
- Computer literacy, especially proficiency with Excel, Powerpoint and Word (Graphpad Prism a plus)
This is a good opportunity to join this team at Amgen and gain exposure to this industry.
NOT looking for over qualified candidates. A PhD candidate will not be considered for this role.
No in vivo experience is also a red flag.
Phone interview followed by in-person interview.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.