: Sr Associate Contracts & Pricing (JP5927)
Thousand Oaks, CA
: 3 months with likely extensions ( No end date as of yet)
3Key Consulting is looking for a Sr Associate Contracts & Pricing for a leading, international pharmaceutical company headquartered in Thousand Oaks, CA.
Education and Experience
- Key member of the Contracts & Pricing Operations team within Trade Pricing and Contract Management specifically with the Commercial Rebates team.
- This position is primarily responsible for ensuring complete and accurate resolution of rebate related issues that arise from the Rebate Inquiry Mailbox.
- This position will use data that is obtained from CCS and other sources to analyze requested information to support calculating and reporting accurate and timely contracted rebate payments to customers.
- This position also requires a strong investigate skill and organization to prioritize multi competing interests.
- Data collected requires monitoring, analysis, validation and loading into relevant systems.
- Sales data can be obtained from outside parties such as wholesalers, GPO's, customers, and third party data vendors. Interaction with these outside parties and various internal departments is required.
- Position operates within a fast-paced environment, and the ideal candidate will possess the ability to take initiative, problem solve, work independently and exercise appropriate business judgment.
- Additional responsibilities include participation and perhaps leadership of planned and ad-hoc special projects within the Commercial Rebates team, and Contract and Pricing Operations.
- Interaction and strong communication with segment team members including, pricing, wholesaler operations, contract operations, contract development, rebate mailbox and GCOIS is crucial.
Top Must have Skill Sets
- Bachelors degree highly preferred
- Advanced degree a plus 4+ years experience (6 or more a plus) in Sales & Marketing or Finance
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility Required Competencies and Skills Knowledge
- Very strong computer & M/S Office skills. Develops spreadsheets models for moderately complex financial analyses.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Delivers formal presentations. Communicates effectively within department. Problem Solving
- High attention to detail/reporting accuracy, while also able to focus on the overall problem/solution
- Translates high volumes of data into meaningful information to support key business decisions
- Identifies and implements process improvement opportunities
- Complex problem solving capability that identifies problems within the department and develops solutions from a strategic and operational perspective Autonomy
- Completes projects and makes decisions with minimal direction and strong ability to develop prioritization and completion time frames for multiple assignments
- Self-motivates and owns a project from inception to completion
- Thinks strategically (can see the big picture) while delivering results at the appropriate level of detail
- Tolerance of ambiguous situations Contribution
- Strong presentation skills
- Can effectively articulate and influence a meeting outcome with TPCM attendees with some managerial support
- Team player, looks for ways to support team members
- Effectively represents their team in a complex matrix organization with cross-functional groups within TPCM and support functions
- Strong project management skills and leads projects as required
- Interprets and applies regulations associated with relevant legal issues
- Provides analyses and recommendations to support decisions by team management
As a member of the US Value & Access team, the Contract and Pricing Operations team is within Strategic Pricing and Contracting (SPC), the Senior Associate is primarily responsible for providing timely and accurate operational execution of Amgen’s contract and pricing strategies, implementation of blanket discount programs, and for conducting appropriate analyses and accurately resolving discrepancies in the customer or charge back data. Additionally, the senior associate will provide input regarding the optimal implementation solution to support upcoming contracting strategies and future discount programs.
- Demonstrated Problem-Solving skills
- Solution Oriented and able to work independently
- Advanced Microsoft Word & Excel
- Experience with Tableau Software & Alteryx preferred
• Lead cross-functional and time-sensitive projects from initiation to completion across SPC
• Partner with GCOIS to build requirements to resolve system defects and implement enhancements to ensure operational compliance and process efficiencies
• Complete projects with minimal direction and strong ability to develop prioritization and completion timeframes for multiple assignments
• Optimize process effectiveness by identifying and implementing improvement initiatives
• Operate effectively in an extremely fast-paced environment with the ability to take initiative, resolve complex contract and pricing issues, demonstrate autonomy and exercise appropriate business judgment.
• Collaborate and confidently communicate with cross-functional segment team members including, pricing, contract operations, contract development, contract compliance, legal, government pricing, and GCOIS.
• Interpret and execute contract terms appropriately and demonstrate a clear understanding of relevant compliance considerations
• Execute within the operational guidelines of the government pricing sub-certification compliantly and SOX processes, and support audit engagements as required
• Engage with key trading partners to build an effective and collaborative working relationship and provide timely support to ensure accuracy of customer pricing
• Develops spreadsheets models for moderately complex financial analyses
Employee Value Proposition
Will gain a lot of experience. Dynamic role to learning how to negotiate and read contracts, also document preparation.
Phone First and interview if candidate looks good. one interview, two at most. I can be available starting 07/08
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com
. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.