Business Analysis & Information Senior Associate (JP7194)
Thousand Oaks, CA.
cDNA General Medicine Commercial Insights (Inflammation and Nephrology
8+ months (with likely extensions)
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Business Analysis & Information Senior Associater
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
The Senior Associate, Commercial Insights reports to Senior Manager for Competitive Intelligence (CI) and supports them in developing and presenting key CI deliverables in support of strategic objectives. The competitive intelligence analyst identifies what is happening externally to help shape strategy and tactics.
The role works closely with cross-functional commercial, medical and scientific teams to identify, assess and disseminate actionable insights through a clear understanding of business priorities along with broad knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry.
The position involves conducting hypothesis driven research pertaining to market & competition on variety of scientific and commercial topics including, but not limited to research & clinical development plans, marketing programs, commercialization strategies, and market access programs.
Why is the Position Open?
To support multiple projects and teams.
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Strong familiarity with biopharmaceutical industry; including at least high-level understanding of drug discovery, development and commercialization process (doesn't want an IT analyst background) // life science preferred.
- Proven project management skills—able to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and data sources.
- Proven analytical assessment skills.
- Robust written and verbal communication skills
- Synthesize information from multiple sources to develop strategic insights and point of view on key competitive developments, implications to client and actions client must take.
- Work in a highly cross functional manner and manage changing priorities across several key customers.
- Develop productive relationships with Global & Regional Product Teams to define business problems and develop integrated analysis plans based on best practice methodologies.
- Apply structured problem solving to collect, analyze and report CI, incorporating primary and secondary data sources to generate actionable insights.
- Articulate and educate customers on the relevant impact of changing market dynamics (i.e. reimbursement environment, pharmaceutical/biotechnology regulations, general environmental factors, etc.) to their business from a CI perspective.
- Organize and facilitate strategic exercises & competitive simulations to generate competitive insights and company plans.
- Coordinate and facilitate CI collection efforts at major medical conferences/congresses.
- Manage a network of primary data sources, including vendors and client employees, to enable effective project execution.
- Assess the reliability of CI research findings, maintaining high standards for accuracy, relevance, and quality in deliverables at all times and communicate level of evidence to stakeholders.
- Present on a regular basis in-depth analyses and summaries of results, interpreting and communicating results with recommendations to brand/business stakeholders.
- Educate the value and importance of CI to new cross-functional employees and maintain a strong position of coaching/promoting CI through daily efforts.
- Work to grow competitive intelligence/strategy to support other functions in the organization.
- Some travel may be required. All activities must abide by and strictly enforce client’s CI Legal and Ethical Guidelines with internal stakeholders and agencies.
Advanced degree (PhD/PharmD/MBA/MS/MA) with either Marketing or Life Science focus OR Bachelors degree (Life Science) with 2-3 years’ experience.
Employee Value Proposition:
Broad exposure to a variety of functions within the industry, cross functional exposure, open opportunities to see other roles within this industry, interacting with teammates everyday across many projects
- No lifesciences / Bio-pharmaceutical experience.
- Lack of partnership / teamwork experience / skills.
Phone screening followed by in-person interview.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are also welcome to share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.