: Category Manager (JP7202)
2202 N Westshore Blvd., Tampa, Florida 33607
GSS Technology Vertical
: 12 months with likely extensions
Job posting date
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Category Manager
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global bio-pharmaceutical company.
** Must sit onsite M-F once COVID-19 situation is over, no remote work **
Candidate will support the development and implementation of sourcing and category management strategies across all Amgen sites globally, with focus on
Information Systems and Technology categories including Hardware, Software, and IT Services.
Conducting industry analysis to identify industry providers, leading players, and specific industry characteristics; conducting client requirement analysis to understand clients' procurement needs, influencing suppliers and stimulating innovation, helping with process improvement and cost management, developing a comprehensive category strategy based on customer and industry analyses and developing contracts with new suppliers or renegotiating existing contracts; leading the contract negotiation process and achieving best value for the company by:
- determining the appropriate sourcing process for new and existing business requirements,
- defining and (occasionally) executing the sourcing strategy and subsequent contract management,
- leading the contract implementation and the identification of opportunities for expanded supplier relationships to enhance the business partnerships.
Top Must have Skill Sets:
- Sourcing/procurement experience, particularly in the IS space.
- Experience proactively reaching out to IS business partners to develop sourcing strategies.
- Problem solving.
- Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with and lead a team.
** This experience must be in the body of the resume, do not just put this at the top in a summary **
- Sourcing Experience.
- IT Experience or Working Knowledge of Information Systems, software/applications, and IT-related services.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and with a fast-paced team.
- Note: Prior Amgen experience is a PLUS, but not required.
- Must have initiative and ability to partner with IS leaders.
- Proficient (to Advanced) Excel and MS Powerpoint.
- IS Technology Background background.
- Someone that can talk to IS/IT about what they're looking for and turn that into a sourcing plan.
Work with I.S. stakeholders to gather business requirements, develop statements of work, issue Requests for Proposals (RFP) in Ariba, facilitate Q&A sessions with suppliers and stakeholders, evaluate supplier responses and compare pricing, negotiate legal terms and conditions with the support of Amgen Law, make recommendations to the IS business partners on risks, value, and possible mitigation strategies; summarize, communicate, and execute the agreements. Success will be based on feedback from our technology sourcing team in both Thousand Oaks and Tampa, FL and from our business partners in Amgen IS/IT.
Employee Value Proposition:
Ability to gain experience and be part of a dynamic team with a passion for helping people. Growth potential for this position.
- Less than 3 yrs sourcing experience.
- Lack of an IT-sourcing background, or no prior experience working in IT/IS.
- Poor communication/presentation skills; must be clear, concise, and succinct.
- Unprofessional appearance or communication style (this is a client-facing position).
Phone and Skype interviews.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com
. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.