: Senior Engineer / Biotech Digital Manufacturing (JP7263)
West Greenwich, Rhode Island 02817
: 12 months with likely extensions
Job posting date
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Senior Engineer
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global bio-pharmaceutical company.
- This person will be responsible to provide support to advance Intelligent Process Control program within the Digital Integration & Predictive Technologies (DIPT) organization in Process Development.
- The candidate will be responsible for applying control engineering concepts using existing computer programming platforms (i.e. Python, Matlab, R) to develop an advanced model predictive control (MPC) model for commercial implementation.
- The successful candidate should be an expert in various software programming platforms with extensive understanding in process control engineering and process automation.
- Computer modeling and GUI development experience is a must.
- The candidate should have relevant experience with MPC as well as having a good understanding of machine learning algorithms.
- A strong understanding of statistics is a must.
- Candidate with experience in system and process control related network integration will be preferred.
Master’s degree OR Bachelor’s degree & 4 years of directly related experience
Top Must have Skill Sets:
- PhD., M.Sc., B.Sc., in Chemical, Biochemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, Control or Computer Engineering or Computer Science, preferably with expertise in bio/pharmaceutical processes.
- Practical experience in computer modeling.
- Practical experience in developing process control strategies.
- Practical experience in system and network integrations.
- Experience with OPC integration.
- Experience with DSC systems.
- Experience in working with Raman spectroscopy and building chemometric models.
- Practical experience and interest in multivariate data analysis and predictive modeling.
- Experience working with large data sets, data mining and machine learning tools.
- Experience in Python or Matlab or R Programming Languages and basic Microsoft tools.
- Understanding of biopharmaceutical processes, related unit operations including analytical methods and process controls.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Independent, self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in project environments, and skilled in communication, facilitation, and collaboration.
- Team player prepared to work in and embrace a team-based culture that relies on collaboration for effective decision-making.
- Solid leadership, technical writing, and communication/presentation skills.
While the three items below may seem generic, they are a must for this role:
- Programming skills - python, R, MatLab - 3-4 years’ experience.
- Automation control experience (MPC - control programming, Delta V experience) – 3-4 years’ experience.
- Control engineering - mechanical / chemical engineering
• Can-do attitude; does not easily give up – this candidate will be provided direction and support but will need to be methodical and analytical when completing tasks – working at a very large organization, there will be a lot of parties the candidate will need to engage for project success.
• Be comfortable, with being uncomfortable - Identifies a problem (he/she can’t stop here), identifies possible solutions & partners with teams on selecting one – the end goal will be known but all the steps in-between may not be known form the starting point, the candidate will need to work through these and not get flustered.
• Positive Attitude/Energy; does not wear his/her heart on his/her sleeve - This role will deal with employees from around the world. This candidate must approach each one of them with a positive attitude regardless of the situation. In summary, this candidate must be a do-er - having the right attitude can get you through almost all situations.
Employee Value Proposition
: This unique role will allow you to be a part of high-visibility global projects. You will work directly with the project’s Process Development team, leveraging and building your engineering background, you will partner with different parts of the business (e.g. operations, manufacturing, vendors) to understand their needs and work with the project team to keep projects moving forward. The projects you are involved in will have a positive impact on key processes that support the making of human therapeutics and the patients that use them.
• Leaving assignments before complete
• Unexplainable time gaps in resumes
• References that are not from recent employers
• References that are not direct supervisors
Phone/Video interview followed by a second interview for successful candidates (either by phone/video) with multiple interviewers.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com
. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.