: Associate Scientist (JP7273)
South San Francisco, California 94080
Clinical Biomarkers - Oncology
: 12 months with likely extensions
Job posting date
Note: Remote until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted
. Must be on site M-F when the site re opens.
3 Key Consulting is hiring an Associate Scientist
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global bio-pharmaceutical company.
- Candidate must have experience understanding the design of clinical studies.
- Candidate must be familiar with verbiage and meanings of data entities in the context of clinical trials.
- Must be able to write moderately complex scripts in Python or R. Some bioinformatics experience is a must.
- Scripting, coding & data management experience required.
- Ideally candidates with PhD or Masters - academia research experience is okay.
To perform experiments, organize data and analyze results under minimal supervision. With minimal supervision, plans, conducts or monitors experiments, records and organizes data, analyses results, generates robust and reliable data and/or Ensures that contracted studies are conducted in compliance with the respective protocol and applicable guidelines and regulations..
- Monitors or follows established experimental design and protocols and performs routine tasks and studies to obtain reproducible and reliable results with limited supervision.
- Plans, monitors or conducts, analyzes and records experiments, and provides interpretation of data.
- Effectively transfers experimental methods from literature to the lab and makes modifications as necessary.
- Develops and implements new protocols with moderate review.
- Engages coworkers in scientific discussions.
- Communicates data and interpretation to work group.
- Skilled at developing systems to ensure quality data.
- Skilled and/or knowledgeable in the use of standard laboratory equipment and with one or more major laboratory instruments/techniques.
- Effectively trouble-shoots equipment and experimental difficulties.
- Contributes to internal/external reports, papers, presentations, regulatory documents, invention disclosure submissions and/or patents.
- Participates in department-wide support efforts such as safety, recruiting and committees.
- May train staff and/or supervise others.
- Coordinates and organizes resources needed to complete the task.
- Understands when to seek input and when to make independent judgments.
Bachelor’s degree minimum - ideally PhD or Masters with focus on Biology, Biochemistry or Analytical Chemistry ; experience in a Biopharmaceutical working environment.
Top Must have Skill Sets:
- Experience with clinical trial datasets & diagnostics is a must have. Candidate must be familiar with verbiage and meanings of data entities in the context of clinical trials.
- Familiarity with diagnostics and common analytes utilized within clinical trials is required.
- A strong handle on clinical metadata and expected values as well as analytes and their dynamic ranges & units is needed for this role.
- Ability to write moderately complex scripts in Python or R.
- Some bioinformatics experience is a must.
- The ability to understand and recognize data types and the expertise to make type, precision and formatting recommendations is vital for this role.
- This role will be responsible for the definition of data standards for incoming data from external partners.
- Motivated with excellent communications skills.
- This key role will interface with an external partner in the context of vital operations.
- Therefore, strong internal motivation to keep timelines is important, as is a deep commitment to making the data universe for clinical trials a better place through standardization and process.
- Strong communication skills are a must have.
Employee Value Proposition:
- Serve as the POC within Clinical Biomarkers and Diagnostics (CBD) for all incoming data.
- Serve as the POC within CBD for external partners, partners in study management and biomarker development
Work with external partners on day-to-day operational aspects.
- Define acceptance standards for data generated using a number of diagnostic technologies such as flow cytometry, nano string, NGS diagnostic assays, imaging technologies, and other diagnostics.
- Perform residual data QC as needed.
- Document acceptance standards socialize them and educate stakeholders.
- Author code/scripts to perform automatic quality control, formatting and transformation of data to adhere to defined standards.
- Document values, dynamic ranges, controlled vocabulary and obtain organization-wide approval for this intellectual property.
- Ensure that QCed data for active programs is delivered in an analyzable format in a timely manner.
- Ensure that data is stored in a manner that adheres to internal standards for storage.
- Make recommendations for process improvements.
Role would be in final stages of development, opportunity to make company impacts, exposure to leadership and other departments.
- Poor communication skills.
- Little or no background in scripting/coding.
- Little or no background in data management.
- Lack of motivation/passion.
Phone & Skype
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com
. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.