Engineer - Biotech Analytical Equipment (JP7339)
Thousand Oaks, CA. (Onsite Essential)
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Engineer
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
System Owner of Benchtop Analytical Equipment (cell counters, blood gas analyzers, metabolite analyzers, spectrophotometers, filter integrity testers, pH meters, osmometers, particle counters, air samplers, conductivity meters, total organic carbon analyzers).
Provide system ownership for B23 Manufacturing process equipment. Perform the system owner role for assigned systems to ensure equipment reliability and compliance. Specify and oversee preventive maintenance program for analytical equipment. Identify and implement engineering-based improvements or upgrades to the upstream and downstream process equipment including identification of design requirements, options analysis, design, installation, startup, and qualification of equipment. Monitor systems to identify performance risks and implement risk reduction strategies. Responsibilities include:
Why is the Position Open?
- Direct and coordinate equipment maintenance as necessary to ensure systems are in proper working order.
- Provide troubleshooting support to manufacturing and maintenance staff to reduce production downtime.
- Support manufacturing operations/training on equipment.
- Review equipment and administrative SOPs. Lead and/or support technical root cause analysis and implementation of corrective/preventive action.
- Support change controls for validated equipment.
- Maintain vendor service contracts.
- Escort vendor technicians for Preventative/Corrective Maintenance Work orders.
- Review equipment Preventative Maintenance Plans, ensure spare parts kept within central inventory, etc.
- Coordinate between Manufacturing, Plant Quality and C&Q groups and interact with auditors as needed.
- Oversee computerized system periodic reviews.
- Grant equipment access to new users, perform access audits on computerized equipment.
- Support new product/technology introductions by performing engineering assessments, implementing equipment modifications, and developing new technologies in partnership with Technology Development Team.
- Ensure systems are installed and operating safety and comply with pertinent environmental health/safety practice, rules and regulations.
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- 1-2 years experience/knowledge of with Analytical instrumentation - (equipment tools above in description).
- Ability to analyze data/translate in presentation meetings (reporting skills/technical writing skills).
- Microsoft office Suite experience.
- Attention to detail and strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Perform the system owner role for assigned systems to ensure equipment reliability and compliance.
- Specify and oversee preventive maintenance program for analytical equipment.
- Identify and implement engineering-based improvements or upgrades to the upstream and downstream process equipment including identification of design requirements, options analysis, design, installation, startup, and qualification of equipment.
- Monitor systems to identify performance risks and implement risk reduction strategies.
Bachelor Degree in Engineering (chemical/bio-chemical) or Science (biology related)
Employee Value Proposition:
Clients manufacturing facility is in the middle of tremendous growth and has a need for capable problem-solvers. Our demand for talent is forecasted to last for years and there will be many opportunities to grow - team culture (13 people) of engineers is great collaborative experience
Poor communication skills or lack of experience in a scientific or engineering role.
Video Skype Panel Interview.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are also welcome to share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.