: Process Development Associate Scientist (JP7597)
Thousand Oaks, CA
: 12 months with likely extensions
Job posting date
:19 August 2020
Essential worker working on site 50% of the time.
3 Key Consulting is hiring an Associate Research Operations for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global bio-pharmaceutical company.
The Process Development Associate Scientist role will be responsible for participating in viral vector production and process development. The position will be part of a dynamic and growing viral vector team based in Thousand Oaks.
Team requires a highly motivated Research Associates to be part of a large-scale genetic analyses team.Candidate will be an essential worker working on site 50% of the time.
Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of industry-related experience.
Top Must have Skill Sets:
- A Master's degree in Biological Sciences or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience with mammalian cell culture and viral vector production.
- Experience in biotechnology or a related industry with a demonstrated hands-on track record of experiments at the bench.
- Demonstrated ability to execute laboratory experiments and follow procedures with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to generate documentation of laboratory experiments and data analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of laboratory equipment and operations.
- Demonstrated communication and scientific writing skills.
- Ability to execute projects as part of a team or independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of mammalian cell culture and virus production methods.
- Knowledge and experience with suspension cell culture and virus culture at Biosafety Level 2 and 2+ and applicable safety standards.
- Knowledge and experience with infectious and physical virus titer methods.
- Knowledge with processes involved in cell line and viral vector process and method development.
- Knowledge and experience working with hazardous compounds and chemicals.
- Ability to evaluate documentation/operations according to company procedures.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely and thoughtful manner, taking in consideration available information.
- Ability to respond appropriately if a situation requires a different set of skills and work approaches.
- Ability to meet expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Ability to assimilate information and make timely decisions that impact the functional area.
- Aseptic technique skills.
- Mammalian cell culture skills.
- Virology skills.
- Analytical testing skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Technical writing skills for protocols, SOPs, reports, and presentations.
- Communication (verbal and written) at all levels.
- Statistical analysis tools to perform data analysis and evaluation.
- Investigation skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Related process development or research experience in the biotechnology industry and/or academia.
- Attention and dedication to process and method development.
- Must be a team player. Gives and receives appropriate feedback to facilitate team and project success.
- Ability to organize work, handle multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and requirements.
- Demonstrates understanding of when and how to appropriately escalate.
- Participates in team efforts to advance development/technology programs within the department.
- Applies team experiences to facilitate cohesiveness and build team spirit.
- Contributes to technical reports and assessments.
- Learns and applies facilitation and listening skills.
- Organizes, plans, and controls multiple project activities to meet corporate timelines.
- Sterile mammalian cell culture techniques,
- Viral vector production and/or analytical testing,
- Personal attributes including initiative, attention to detail, teamwork, and independent thinking.
Employee Value Proposition:
- This role will perform viral vector productions at different scales to supply process and method development efforts. Responsibilities include cell line expansion, banking, and characterization, as well as viral vector testing and characterization using molecular and biological assays.
- The role will draft and execute protocols, SOPs, and document results in technical reports and presentations. He/she will become proficient in and actively promote using electronic laboratory notebook and laboratory inventory and tracking systems.
- The position will also collaborate closely with various colleagues inside and outside the team and provide feedback to improve viral vector process and methods.
Working with a growing and dynamic team, access to resources who are doing cutting edge projects, growing their skill set within the project.
Lack of cell culture and hands-on laboratory experience.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com
. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.