Specialist IS Analyst / Windows 10 upgrade (JP7601)
South San Francisco, CA. (Onsite Essential)
R&DI, Global Dev, GDO
5+ months (with likely extensions)
3Key Consulting is hiring a Specialist IS Analyst
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
Candidate will be on site - Must adhere to COVID safety guidelines and restrictions
3-5 years of experience, Pharma or Biotech preferred
Bachelor’s Degree minimum
3Key is seeking to engage a Specialist IS Analysts with windows administration expertise to join our client’s Enterprise Benchtop Services team for assignment through January 2021. The position will perform Windows system administration for laboratory-based computer systems used to control laboratory instruments (instrument controllers). The IS Analysts will work closely with scientific functional groups to install, configure, test, maintain, and troubleshoot lab workstation hardware and software.
This position will be specifically focused on upgrading lab IT assets from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and supporting processes to ensure proper instrument data management. The role will also work on general lab IT system problem tickets as reported by lab scientists.
Service will typically be provided during normal business hours between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday – Friday, excluding Holidays and Shutdowns. However, some work may be required to be performed before or after these hours. Position is available on client’s campus in South San Francisco CA.
Typical activities will include:
Additional tasks may include:
- Windows Upgrades: Configure and deploy Windows 10 based laboratory systems using pre-defined lab image to support laboratory instruments. Work with the scientists for functional testing and acceptance; supporting regulatory validation steps as required. Maintain IT asset inventory systems during deployments
- Lab Data Remediation: Configure data management software to automate movement of data from lab instrument computer systems to enterprise file shares. \
- General Ticket Resolution: Actively respond to incidents and requests for all laboratory software and systems. Perform system administration of both local and enterprise laboratory software and systems including: user account management, licensing management, Tier 1 incident response and troubleshooting.
- Documentation: Use ServiceNow to track service requests and/or escalate issues when necessary and to keep asset inventory up-to-date.
Why is the Position Open?
- Physically inventory laboratory computers and reconcile with laboratory inventory system
- Support corporate deployments of anti-virus, software patches to laboratory computers
- Partner with Instrument vendors on system requirements, setups and configurations for new systems as well as upgrades to existing systems.
- Develop and maintain administration tools for the Enterprise Benchtop team primarily in Powershell, C#, ASP.NET, Python, SQL, and IIS
Additional support needed.
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Strong Windows OS experience
- Strong IS troubleshooting experience
- Excellent customer service in busy environment and willing to work with COVID safety restrictions/guidelines for being physically on site.
Employee Value Proposition:
- Configure and deploy Windows OS based laboratory systems using client’s pre-defined lab image to support laboratory instruments.
- Work with the scientists for functional testing and acceptance; supporting regulatory validation steps as required.
- Maintain IT asset inventory systems during deployments.
- General Ticket Resolution: Actively respond to incidents and requests for all laboratory software and systems.
- Perform system administration of both local and enterprise laboratory software and systems including user account management, licensing management, Tier 1 incident response and troubleshooting.
Variety of work within different departments and environments, fast paced
Jumpy job history, less than 3 years of experience, no troubleshooting experience
Video Skype Panel Interview.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are welcome to also share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.