: Senior Associate Scientist (JP7728)
Thousand Oaks, CA
: 18 months with likely extensions
Job posting date
: 29 September 2020
Note: Onsite Essential
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Senior Associate Scientist for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global bio-pharmaceutical company.
The client is seeking a Senior Associate Scientist responsible for all aspects of production cell line development in support of advancing the client's pre-clinical pipeline as part of the Drug Substance Process Development organization.
Top Must have Skill Sets:
- Pharma/Biotech experience
- PhD in Biological Sciences, Molecular Biology, Biochemical Engineering or related life science discipline OR
- Relevant Master’s degree + 3 years industrial experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree + 5 years of industrial experience
- Experience must be within Pharma or Biotech.
- Previous hands on experience in cell culture with a focus on recombinant protein production in CHO cells.
- Experience with DNA cloning, vector construction and design, advanced molecular biology techniques, and optimizing gene expression constructs to promote desired gene expression characteristics (high expression, stoichiometry, chain ratio balance etc).
- Understanding of all aspects in cell line development, bioprocess development and manufacturing of biotherapeutics.
- Strong scientific understanding of recombinant protein expression, cell line and gene editing technologies as well as the ability to explore and develop new technologies and approaches.
- Advanced scientific/technical reading/writing skills, advanced analysis skills, ability to collaborate and work in team environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Employee Value Proposition:
- Design, execute and analyze mammalian cell culture experiments including transfection, selection, single cell cloning, passaging, screening, banking, and characterization.
- Analyze and interpret data, maintain laboratory notebooks, and generate written reports.
- Generate relevant data towards authoring of regulatory submissions, publications, and patent applications.
- Communicate project updates, solve complex technical problems, participate and present scientific data in meetings.
- Evaluate and develop innovative technologies to improve expression, accelerate timelines, and improve efficiency.
- Work closely in a team environment, collaborating with various colleagues in process development, discovery, as well as interact with regulatory and quality experts in support of global regulatory filings.
Opportunity to research and research from DNA to cell banking.
Lack of pharma or biotech and top 3 must have skills.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com
. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.