Laboratory Manager (JP7810)
Thousand Oaks, CA. (Onsite Essential 75% of Time)
OPT Strategic Planning and Program Leadership
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Laboratory Manager
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
This role will be on client site M-F. This is a Lab based role (Working on site 75% during COVID-19).
Our ideal candidate will have laboratory operations/laboratory based experience. Minimum 2 - 3 years’ experience. Initiative, Organizational/communication, independence. This role is a strategic role and the candidate must have experience and be able to provide metrics, gather data, manipulate the data, and report the data. Budgeting experience and project management skills. Activities will include:
- Capital equipment and specialized supply purchasing.
- Special projects.
- IS Tactical Lead (PC, Software, Connectivity).
- Instrument data management.
- Operational Excellence Projects.
- Equipment management / ownership e.g. CEMS freezers, incubators.
- Training (safety, lab processes).
- WO entering and tracking.
- Maximo AAE updates.
- Supply management.
- Project Management
Scientific lab equipment knowledge. Does not have to be expert on running lab equipment, but just have an operational understanding of it since they will be working with lab staff and scientists daily. Organizational expertise. Openly and confidently be able to communication with lab staff/scientists Someone who has managed a lab in any capacity would be the ideal candidate. We need someone who has an understanding of processes in a lab and can facilitate the different processes in the lab. Other skill sets include: Calendaring, assisting with a few lab tasks from time to time, being able to continue to grow and learn on their own after training, type A personality, energetic, outgoing.
Why is the Position Open?
Additional workload on the team.
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Project Management experience.
- Ability to provide metrics- data, manipulate data, report the data.
- Organization and multi-tasking.
This role is multi-faceted, have a lot of freedom in the work they will be doing. This is a high visibility role, will build relationships helping scientists resolve issues, very gratifying role-you will be able to see metrics and the value you provided. Support all administrative lab needs:
Employee Value Proposition:
- purchasing, entering WOs, safety, interface with scientist and ISPs, reporting, metrics.
- Work order support for all ISPs (LAMP, JLL, etc).
- Issue escalation/ resolution (maintenance, repairs, facility, etc).
- Cold Storage Program support.
- Support asset move/add/ change (facility walks, EIC, EHSS Change control support, work order support).
Growing your skill set within a manager role - working at a great biotech/pharma company
- No experience.
- Poor communication.
- Signs of conflict with previous experience.
Video Skype Panel Interview
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are also welcome to share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.