Sourcing Excellence Manager (JP7827)
Tampa, FL. 33607 (Onsite Essential)
Sourcing Excellence Group
5+ months (with likely extensions)
3 Key Consulting is hiring an Sourcing Excellence Manager
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
Our client is searching for a Sourcing Excellence Manager, who will have an opportunity to work closely with the R&D organization in one of the leading Bio Tech companies in the world. They will understand how large multi-national companies work and how to work within a matrix corporate environment. The Sourcing Excellence Manager will report to the Sr. Manager, Sourcing Excellence R&D/Operations Lead.
The Sourcing Excellence Manager will also receive excellent training, support, and knowledge of procurement practices. The manager’s responsibilities ideally suit someone looking to forge a management career in Procurement (with progression towards Regional/Global Category Management) and/or across other business fields in the Bio Tech/Pharmaceutical industry.
- Sourcing Excellence Manager will provide support to a variety of spend categories, allocated and resourced based on strategic demands of Procurements stakeholders/customers
- To help execute and implement the sourcing and purchasing needs of client’s US based spend across all categories with in the Commercial, R&D, and Operations organizations
- To execute sourcing (eRFX) for the Global (GCM) Category Management Teams
- To be a Procurement Process and Systems expert ensuring compliance with all relevant sourcing policies and procedures
- To be a Contracting expert, leading contracting activities, managing ongoing contract management needs (for Strategic and Supply Constrained Categories) and to be accountable for hand-off to Contract-to-Pay teams
Why is the Position Open?
- Executing Global/Regional Sourcing Strategies. Work is guided by operational and project related objectives defined by the Category Manager:
- Implement global/regional sourcing strategies across US and global markets
- Document (in Ariba) and guide sourcing execution through to implementation
- Communicate to the Category Manager the local and regional requirements impacting category strategies
- Support supplier analysis and market intelligence activities
- Manage Request for Proposal and Quotation processes (eRFX)
- Ensure sourcing tactics drive value in specific functional business environments, including legal & regulatory context
- Implement supplier improvement programs within key supplier relationships
- Implements new procedures and processes to drive desired results
- Delivering Value for Customers
- Understands business goals and customer needs in order to implement opportunities while providing training and guidance on Sourcing Excellence polices, procedures and best practices
- Partners with colleagues in Strategic Sourcing, Legal, Finance and all other Business Areas as appropriate
- Supports / Manages delivery and validation of savings for Category Managers
- Anticipates and prevents potential problems through root cause analysis
- Managing Contracts
- Ensure client’s procurement policies are followed, ensuring that compliance metrics are met or exceeded, supported through supplier contracts – Master Agreements, Stand-Alone Agreements, SOW’s, etc.
- Inform stakeholders on client’s sourcing policies and procedures, providing support and corrective actions where required
- Lead and implement contract negotiations and execution with both new and existing suppliers
- Support ongoing contract management (incl. renewing and renegotiating existing and expiring contracts)
Additional workload on the team.
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of management consulting or strategic sourcing experience OR Master’s degree & 2-4 years of management consulting or strategic sourcing experience, with experience in working in international environments.
- Has solid understanding of sourcing processes (tendering, supplier negotiations and contracting) across multiple countries, across multiple spend categories, and with a variety of stakeholders.
- Competent in Project Management and independently develops practical solutions (Planning, prioritizing and delivery), with experience in leading project teams across geographic and functional reporting lines.
- Ability to provide thought leadership to customers and actively shape customer’s overall strategy while understanding business goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (presentation, virtual team development, etc.) resulting in .relationship building and development.
- Problem solving skills.
- Able to work with minimal direction, ensuring quality of tasks / service provided by self and others.
- Experience using e-procurement tools such as Ariba.
- Applies analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex situations using different information sources in order to draw and present analytic insights.
- Highly proficient with MS Office Suite, including Excel.
- Willingness to travel.
- Fluent business English, written and oral.
- Work is guided by operational and project related objectives defined by GCM/RCM.
- Implement global/regional sourcing strategies across US markets.
- Document (in Ariba) and guide sourcing execution through to implementation.
- Communicate to GCM/RCM local and regional requirements impacting category strategies.
- Support supplier analysis and market intelligence activities.
- Manage Request for Proposal and Quotation processes (eRFX).
- Ensure sourcing tactics drive value in specific functional business environments, including legal & regulatory context.
- Develop, maintain, and implement preferred supplier lists.
- Implement supplier improvement programs within key supplier relationships.
- Implements new procedures and processes to drive desired results.
Master’s degree and 2 years of Sourcing, Management Consulting, Operations or Project Management experience
Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of Sourcing, Management Consulting, Operations or Project Management experience
Associate’s degree and 10 years of Sourcing, Management Consulting, Operations or Project Management experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Sourcing, Management Consulting, Operations or Project Management experience
Employee Value Proposition:
Strong organization, on-boarding process, they will be working with different department within, procurement and contracting. Will have experience with global perspective.
- No experience with procurement systems.
- No contract negotiation experience.
Video Skype Panel Interview
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are also welcome to share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.