Senior Associate Scientist (JP7849)
Thousand Oaks, CA. (Onsite Essential)
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Senior Associate Scientist
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
Why is the Position Open?
- Obtain assignment and follow scientific direction of client staff, flag issues and seek guidance appropriately
- Perform testing and data review for HPLC/UHPLC (high and ultra-high-performance liquid chromatography), IEX (ion exchange), SEC (size-exclusion chromatography), CE (capillary electrophoresis), glycan mapping, peptide mapping, and mass spectrometry.
- Execute method development and qualification studies as well as protein characterization experiments with guidance from senior staff members.
- Demonstrate independence and ability to produce quality results under minimal direction.
- Generate complete, accurate, and concise documentation using electronic systems and laboratory notebooks.
- High energy individual who can multi-task and handle a fast-pace, dynamic work environment.
- Operate specialized laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Perform general laboratory housekeeping activities.
- Complete training on assigned tasks.
- Participate in quality improvement efforts.
- Strive to achieve excellent client service.
- Comply with safety guidelines and site-specific procedures which include but is not limited to, the maintenance of training records, laboratory documentation, written procedures, building monitoring systems and laboratory logbooks.
- Interact with multiple functional areas in a highly matrixed-team environment, which may include Manufacturing, Process Development, IS, Facilities, Engineering, and Quality Control.
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- HPLC experience (2+ years of experience).
- Analytical Method Development experience (2+ years of experience).
- 1-3 years’ experience performing analytical testing.
- Work well in teams.
- GMP laboratory experience (2+ years of experience).
- To follow the direction of experienced staff in pivotal AS group to plan and execute experiments supporting method development and product characterization.
- Author technical reports (method development reports, technical assessment).
- Communicate to team on progress of experiments via meetings (both in person or via Webex or Skype meetings).
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Analytical Chemistry, Physical, Life Sciences or related technical discipline.
- 1-3 years experience performing analytical testing.
Employee Value Proposition:
- Experience executing analytical test methods in one or more of the following areas: HPLC/UHPLC (high and ultra-high performance liquid chromatography), IEX (ion exchange chromatography), SEC (size exclusion chromatography), CE (capillary electrophoresis), glycan mapping, peptide mapping, and mass spectrometry.
- Understanding and application of principles, concepts, theories and standards of GMP QC microbiology laboratories and deepens technical knowledge through exposure and continuous learning.
- Knowledge of related regulatory/industry considerations, compliance issues and/or scientific discovery.
- Practical experience with protein chemistry, theoretical knowledge of protein chemistry.
- Experience with operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of laboratory equipment and instrumentation related to analytical testing.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with internal and external clients, self motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
- Ability to address client questions independently with sound scientific judgements on the work they reported to the clients.
Working at a great biotech company that directly helps assisting patient's lives.
- Cannot communicate well.
- Jumping from job to job (less than 2 years per job).
Video Skype Panel Interview.