Data Scientist – Biopharma (JP7962)
Thousand Oaks, Ca. (Remote until Covid-19 restrictions are lifted)
AMAX PE Synthetic
12 months with likely extension
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Data Scientist for a consulting engagement with our client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
- Candidate will be working remote then required to be on site once it re opens
- Doctorate Degree Or Master’s degree and 3 years of Engineering, Operations or Data Science
- Experience Or Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of Engineering, Operations or Data Science
- Experience Or Associate’s degree and 10 years of Engineering, Operations or Data Science experience
- Engineering or Operations experience, must be within Pharma or Biotech
- Data Science experience can be within any industry
- Candidate must have sequel based language experience
Work with a highly motivated Pivotal and Commercial Synthetic’s (PCS) team to be responsible for leading the digital transformation of process optimization, characterization and technical transfer of company’s synthetic drug substance processes workflows across all phases of development and commercialization.
The Data Scientist is accountable for establishing and applying best available technical solutions for digital transformation of synthetic drug substance process design. The successful candidate will contribute to data structuring and analysis workflows; building exploratory visualization tools and providing existing tools with cleaned, structured and reconciled data sets on an ad-hoc basis (50% of time). Additionally, this person will work cross-functionally to build new and better enable existing end-to-end (electronic lab notebook to electronic data lake to exploratory visualization tools) workflows for synthetic commercial process development data (50% of time). Specifically; contributing to the integration of high-throughput experimentation workflow data, the integration of ISA-88 compliant data from medium throughput workstations and supporting the creation of electronic batch records for use in the lab/pilot plant.
The Data Scientist works with a multi-functional group of engineers and scientists through the process development cycle to ensure the data, information, and knowledge created within a phase of development is findable, accessible, interoperable and reusable (FAIR). Partners with data scientists and engineers throughout the company to ensure systems are utilized in alignment with our enterprise wide city-planning architecture. The Data Scientist will be embedded within the PCS team (business function) and not a modelling, data-science or information systems group. They will need to be an independently capable of determining their own approaches for data structuring/reconciliation (within existing systems). Further, they should be able to consider user experience – building tools suitable for those without programming knowledge.
The Data Scientist will be responsible to author exploratory visualizations through the different phases of drug substance tech transfer and commercialization and throughout different workflows. The Data Scientist may be required to provide guided walkthroughs of exploratory visualizations on an ad-hoc basis to support decision making.
Position to be located in Thousand Oaks, CA.
Domestic and International Travel: up to 10% (when permitted)
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and development of end-to-end (data entry, data integration and loading, automated processing and exploratory visualization) workflows supporting Pivotal and Commercial Synthetics
- Development of a structure and streamlined process to capture ISA-88 compliant structured data from medium throughput experimental workstations within an electronic data lake
- Structuring and capture of high throughput experimental data within existing lab notebook systems
- Support for ad-hoc data analysis; wrangling un-structured data sets and developing exploratory visualizations to support decision making
- Developing systems and standards to ensure data quality within visualizations
- Providing tools and approaches for intake, cleaning (processing null entries, identification of typos), and reconciliation (understanding the completeness and fitness of data sets) for ad-hoc data analysis efforts
- Providing simple analysis of data sets (regression, correlation, ANOVA)
- Crafting striking exploratory visualizations to facilitate data interpretation and decision-making
- Providing insights to industry trends in data engineering and analytics
- Documenting work in an electronic lab notebook
- Work closely with engineers and chemists to ensure usability of all tools and workflows developed
- Presenting work to product and PCS leadership teams
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
- Experience building exploratory visualizations and data-wrangling
- Proficient in Spotfire and-or Tableau, SQL, Python, R
- Proficient in basic statistical analysis and able to independently interpret data
- Synthetic chemistry and chemical engineering domain understanding and familiarity with process, regulatory and tech transfer requirements
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in German and/or Italian a plus
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Spotfire or Tableau
- Data Engineering
The successful candidate will contribute to data structuring and analysis workflows; building exploratory visualization tools and providing existing tools with cleaned, structured and reconciled data sets on an ad-hoc basis (50% of time). Additionally, this person will work cross-functionally to build new and better enable existing end-to-end (electronic lab notebook to electronic data lake to exploratory visualization tools) workflows for synthetic commercial process development data (50% of time). Specifically, contributing to the integration of high-throughput experimentation workflow data, the integration of ISA-88 compliant data from medium throughput workstations and supporting the creation of electronic batch records for use in the lab/pilot plant.
Employee Value Proposition:
Support process development and varies scopes to work on, exposure to leadership and different departments
Interested more in machine learning, natural language processing, artificial intelligence than interest in data engineering, analysis, structuring. *Applied vs research/theoretical work
15-minute phone screening then extensive (half-day) phone interview
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are also welcome to share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.