Senior Associate Scientist – Analytical Testing/Protein (JP8165)
Thousand Oaks, CA. (Onsite Essential)
1+ years (with likely extensions)
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Senior Associate Scientist
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
- Candidate will working on site.
- Must have HPLC experience, Analytical Method Development experiences & mass spectrometry.
- 1+ year of industry experience.
- Our ideal candidate:
- Understanding and application of principles, concepts, theories, and standards of GMP QC microbiology laboratories and technical knowledge.
- Experience with protein chemistry.
- Experience executing analytical test methods in one or more of the following areas: HPLC/UHPLC (high and ultra-high performance liquid chromatography), IEX (ion exchange chromatography), SEC (size exclusion chromatography), CE (capillary electrophoresis), glycan mapping, peptide mapping, and mass spectrometry.
Obtain assignment and follow scientific direction of client staff, flag issues and seek guidance appropriately
Why is the Position Open?
- Perform testing and data review for HPLC/UHPLC (high and ultra-high performance liquid chromatography), IEX (ion exchange), SEC (size-exclusion chromatography), CE (capillary electrophoresis), glycan mapping, peptide mapping, and mass spectrometry.
- Execute method development and qualification studies as well as protein characterization experiments with guidance from senior staff members.
- Demonstrate independence and ability to produce quality results under minimal direction.
- Generate complete, accurate, and concise documentation using electronic systems and laboratory notebooks.
- High energy individual who can multi-task and handle a fast-pace, dynamic work environment.
- Operate specialized laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Perform general laboratory housekeeping activities.
- Complete training on assigned tasks.
- Participate in quality improvement efforts.
- Strive to achieve excellent client service.
- Comply with safety guidelines and site specific procedures which include but is not limited to, the maintenance of training records, laboratory documentation, written procedures, building monitoring systems and laboratory log books.
- Interact with multiple functional areas in a highly matrixed-team environment, which may include Manufacturing, Process Development, IS, Facilities, Engineering, and Quality Control.
Supplement additional workload on team.
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- HPLC Skills.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Independent worker.
- Mass spectrometry.
- Analytical Method Development.
- Perform experiments to support method development, method qualification and product characterization.
- Work on lab notebook to document experiments.
- Author methods, technical reports and method development reports to support regulatory filings.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Analytical Chemistry, Physical, Life Sciences or related technical discipline.
- 1-3 years experience performing analytical testing.
- Experience executing analytical test methods in one or more of the following areas:
Employee Value Proposition:
- HPLC/UHPLC (high and ultra-high performance liquid chromatography), IEX (ion exchange chromatography), SEC (size exclusion chromatography), CE (capillary electrophoresis), glycan mapping, peptide mapping, and mass spectrometry
- Understanding and application of principles, concepts, theories and standards of GMP QC microbiology laboratories and deepens technical knowledge through exposure and continuous learning.
- Knowledge of related regulatory/industry considerations, compliance issues and/or scientific discovery.
- Practical experience with protein chemistry, theoretical knowledge of protein chemistry.
- Experience with operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of laboratory equipment and instrumentation related to analytical testing.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with internal and external clients, self motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
- Ability to address client questions independently with sound scientific judgements on the work they reported to the clients.
Ability to join a fast-paced team.
This is an EL level role not a SR.
Video Skype Panel Interview
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are also welcome to share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.