IS Senior Engineer (JP8186)
West Greenwich, RI. (Remote pending lifting of COVID restrictions)
1 years (with likely extensions)
3 Key Consulting is hiring an IS Senior Engineer for a consulting engagement with our client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
We are seeking a Senior IS Engineer who will support Infrastructure Operations out of our client’s Rhode Island Manufacturing site, having primary responsibility for activities related to Windows administration, and other current, or new related technologies - 24x7 regulated, on-call environment.
The Senior IS Engineer will be reporting to the Senior Manager Information Systems.
The Infrastructure Operations team is the global enterprise administration group that manages physical and virtual hosting including private and public cloud hosting options, operating systems, databases, middleware, storage, and backup. The primary Windows platform supported by this group is Windows 2012 R2 with a smaller footprint of previous Windows server operating systems, as well as current Microsoft server versions.
Why is the Position Open?
Supplement additional workload on team.
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
- Support Microsoft support and operations related to security and Patching. Previous experience SCCM and Windows patch management experience, including demonstrated knowledge in supporting updates to server operating systems and applications
- Previous experience in Operating System Administration, Performance, Reporting and monitoring needs.
- Experience managing regulated systems in the Pharma sector with complex high availability configurations.
Key Activities of the Senior IS Engineer include:
- Industry Certifications and experience with Windows server administration
- Direct working experience in installing, configuring, and administering:
- Microsoft Core Infrastructure technologies: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies
- Microsoft Server Operating System technologies: Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016
- Previous experience SCCM and Windows patch management experience, including demonstrated knowledge in supporting updates to server operating systems and applications
- Previous experience in Operating System Administration, Performance, Reporting and monitoring needs
- Previous Scripting and ITIL experience and managing regulated systems in the Pharma sector
- Understanding of operating system and network tools for troubleshooting performance issues
- Working knowledge of Clustering and HA configurations
- Solid data-driven problem solving and analytical skills
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Support the Service Owner, full time employees, and managed service provider in the development, delivery, and continuous improvement of the technology service
- Ensure service offering is aligned with our key principles of service ownership which include, meeting the needs of the business, cost effectiveness, scalability, compliance, reliability, security and resilience.
- Support monitoring, administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Microsoft technologies, including Windows Server Operating Systems, IIS, Active Directory, Security and patching, Group Policies, and Microsoft Clustering
- Contribute to server design decisions ensuring that application hosting solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, reliability upon deployment
- Support the design, then implementation of enterprise Windows server solutions and IT projects while validating alignment with our strategic goals and technical standards
- Support projects from a technical aspect and provide guidance and direction to less experienced technical staff and Managed Service Providers including installations and upgrades of Operating System, backup/recovery strategies, and high availability configurations.
- Contribute to monitoring security bulletins to obtain information of potential threats; analyze and support necessary security patch implementations to ensure ongoing system security
- Utilize software and hardware tools to identify, analyze, and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting performance, then investigate and resolve technical issues and assisting in Root Cause Analysis reviews
- Travel: Domestic and international travel up to 15% may be required
Employee Value Proposition:
- Project management of supply chain / artwork deliverables.
- Assist in management of lifecycle management activities (variations and launch preparation).
- Manage partnership portfolio artwork forecasting.
- Review partner Artwork requirements with client's Global Partnership Lead, Site Commercialization Lead, and Artwork Lead to establish timeline requirements and prioritization.
- Manage Artwork inputs through client’s Master Data process in alignment with site change control processes, with timely handoff to the Artwork team for execution.
- Ensure partners are complying with client’s artwork change management processes.
- Help manage minor deviations and associated corrective actions for partner driven events that are not in compliance with client procedures.
- Drive optimization of daily business operations.
If you want to really enhance and further develop your IT career then the GIS team is the right place to be - we provide the freedom to execute, learn, and pivot, and the responsibility to be self-directed, collaborative, and insightful.
Sometimes a candidate may have a jumpy job history due to many short IT contracts, which is not a concern for us. Also lacking the top 3 skills may not always be an issue, as come candidates may have similar skills, but what is key is someone that is technically inclined and the ability to learn quickly.
Phone & Video
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are welcome to also share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.