: Senior IS Engineer- VMware & Linux Admin (JP8187)
West Greenwich Rhode Island 02817
: 12 months with likely extensions
Job posting date
Remote until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Senior IS Engineer- VMware & Linux Admin for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global bio-pharmaceutical company.
Key Activities for the Senior IS Engineer will include
- We are seeking a Senior IS Engineer to join the Global Infrastructure Services group.
- The incumbent will be responsible for all activities related to VMware & Unix and will play a key role in supporting the Rhode Island Manufacturing site as well as incorporating new technologies under the challenge of a complex and fast-changing technology landscape.
- The successful candidate for this position will be located at our Rhode Island West Greenwich manufacturing site.
- The Senior IS Engineer will report to the Senior Manager of Information Systems.
- Support the Service Owner, peer FTE’s, and managed service provider in the development, delivery, and continuous improvement of the technology service, ensuring the offering is aligned with the key principles of service ownership.
- Perform administrative and operational support tasks on VMware and Unix OS platforms.
- Perform operational support as required and systems maintenance in accordance with solutions standard methodologies and Change Management policies.
- Ensure business continuity during critical production issues and ensure the problem management process is optimally followed for root cause, corrective actions, and preventative actions.
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation supporting a 24x7 critical environment.
- Consistently deliver results aligned with departmental and program goals.
- Provide technical expertise and improve solutions and resource utilization based on industry standards and global standard methodologies.
- Provides performance analysis and tune systems while utilizing software and hardware tools to identify, analyze, and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting performance.
- Identify and evaluate technology/business trends and competing products to improve the product’s ability to deliver business outcomes.
- Contribute to the design, documentation, and execution of disaster recovery activities and associated tests.
- Drive continuous improvement in the IS infrastructure processes as well as platform life cycle management in alignment with regulatory and manufacturing requirements.
- Deliver progress reports and presentations ensuring that management is aware of the current status, progress and future needs.
- 5% Travel may be required.
Top Must have Skill Sets:
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of IS Operations experience OR
- Master’s degree and 4 years of IS Operations experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of IS Operations experience OR
- Associates degree and 8 years of IS Operations experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 10 years of IS Operations experience
- Educational background in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with virtualization technologies for a global enterprise, vendor certifications preferred.
- Experience in running and administering Unix operating systems, and related services & monitoring systems.
- Scripting and ITIL experience and running regulated systems (preferably in Pharma sector).
- Understanding of operating system and network tools for solving performance issues.
- Working knowledge of Clustering and HA configurations.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working with regulations such as SOX, Information Privacy, FDA cGxP controlled environment and 21 CFR Part 11 regulations.
- Experience with Windows Operating systems from a system administrator perspective.
- Outstanding troubleshooting ability.
- Experience with command-line style management utilities, such as vMA/PowerCLI/bash/Ansible
Employee Value Proposition:
- Previous experience supporting RHEL OS virtual and physical machines.
- Support patching and other common operational support tasks such as mounting new volumes, provision new machines, grant server access, review message logs to provide information to application and database teams for error resolution.
- Troubleshoot & resolve performance or other OS issues
If you want to really enhance and further develop your IT career then the GIS team is the right place to be - we provide the freedom to execute, learn, and pivot, and the responsibility to be self-directed, collaborative, and insightful.
Sometimes a candidate may have a jumpy job history due to many short IT contracts, which is not a concern for us. Also lacking the top 3 skills may not always be an issue, as come candidates may have similar skills, but what is key is someone that is technically inclined and the ability to learn quickly.
Phone and video
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com
. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.