: Senior IS Engineer- Database & Storage Admin (JP8191)
Thousand Oaks, CA
: 12 months with likely extensions
Job posting date
Remote until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Senior IS Engineer- Database & Storage Admin for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global bio-pharmaceutical company.
- We are seeking a Senior IS Engineer based out of our Louisville Data Center, reporting to the Senior Manager of Information Systems.
- This role is in support of Infrastructure Operations, having the primary responsibility for all activities related to Database & Storage administration for our Thousand Oaks California Manufacturing DC - 24x7 regulated environment.
- The Infrastructure Operations team is the global enterprise administration group that manages physical and virtual hosting, including private and public cloud hosting options - operating systems, databases, middleware, storage, and backup.
- The primary database technologies supported by this group are MS-SQL and Oracle and will expand to include other technologies such as Hana, NOSQL, PostgreSQL etc. The primary NetApp & Dell Storage technologies supported by this group are NAS & SAN.
- Database administration responsibilities include installation, upgrades and optimization, access control administration, backup/recovery, disaster recovery support, development and test environment support, documentation, recommend infrastructure and methodologies improvements.
- Storage responsibilities will include the support of Enterprise NAS/SAN storage infrastructure that requires 24x7 uptime.
- Review/approve application and database design decisions to ensure that application solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, reliability upon deployment.
- Co-ordinate database administration functions for development, test and production environments.
- Investigate and resolve technical database issues. Participate in rotational 24x7 On-Call Support and assist/lead Root Cause Analysis reviews when applicable.
- Function as a technical project leader for less experienced personnel on a portfolio of databases, including installations and upgrades of DBMS software, backup/recovery strategies and high availability configurations
- Guide and plan implementation & configuration of Database software related services to support business.
- requirements (OLTP, decision support, standby DB, replication) while keeping database security regulations, policies, and best practices in mind.
- Define logical attributes and data inter-relationships and design data structures to accommodate database implementation, storage, maintenance and accessibility to enhance performance.
- Develop and document standards, procedures, and work instructions that increase productivity for operations.
- Perform necessary security patch implementations to ensure ongoing database security.
- Good understanding of NAS storage operations, commands such as snapshot creation, restoration and be able to perform more advanced storage operations with guidance such as provisioning a new volume.
- Travel: Domestic and international travel up to 15% may be required.
- Any industry, infrastructure/IT experience, Pharma or Biotech preferred.
- Master’s degree and 2 years of Information Systems and Database Administration experience
- OR Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of Information Systems and Database Administration experience.
- OR Associates degree and 6 years of Information Systems and Database Administration experience
- OR High school diploma/GED and 8 years of Information Systems and Database Administration experience.
Top Must have Skill Sets:
- Database Certifications and experience with Oracle and/or MS-SQL including RAC and Always on Availability technologies.
- Experience with Enterprise Storage, preferably NetApp & Dell Technologies, including Data Migration tools.
- Experience managing and administering Oracle Database and related services & monitoring systems.
- Previous experience leveraging various toolsets for Database Administration, Performance, Reporting and monitoring.
- Scripting and ITIL experience and managing regulated systems (preferably in Pharma sector).
- Understanding of operating system tools for performance and troubleshooting issues.
- Working knowledge on NAS/SAN storage, Clustering and HA configurations.
- Good data-driven problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven experience as part of a high-performance team.
- Skill in persuasion and negotiation.
1. Support Oracle & MSSQL databases including security patching for RAC & Always on Availability groups.
2. Previous experience with common support tasks such as connectivity or performance problems.
3. Ability to clone or refresh development or test databases from production.
Employee Value Proposition:
If you want to really enhance and further develop your IT career then the GIS team is the right place to be - we provide the freedom to execute, learn, and pivot, and the responsibility to be self-directed, collaborative, and insightful.
Sometimes a candidate may have a jumpy job history due to many short IT contracts, which is not a concern for us. Also lacking the top 3 skills may not always be an issue, as come candidates may have similar skills, but what is key is someone that is technically inclined and the ability to learn quickly.
Phone and video
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com
. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.