Associate Scientist (JP8221)
Thousand Oaks, CA. (Onsite Essential – Some remote)
Product and Reagent Attributes
1+ years (with likely extensions)
3 Key Consulting is hiring an Associate Scientist
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
The successful candidate will perform method development and qualification activities and routine testing of HPLC, LC-MS, or subvisible particle methods to support process reagent methods and product and process characterization activities for clinical and commercial protein products.
Activities will include performing experiments, analyzing, and organizing data, completing electronic notebook entries, drafting and reviewing technical reports, and presenting results. Most of the time spent will be in laboratory gathering data and office work will include analyzing data and completing laboratory notebook entries and reports.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of analytical techniques such as HPLC, LC-MS, subvisible particle methods (MFI or HIAC), light scattering (DLS), and spectroscopy. The position requires demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other scientists to coordinate work and promote a strong safety and compliance culture.
Why is the Position Open?
Supplement additional workload on team.
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
1) Laboratory experience preferably with HPLC, LC-MS, or subvisible particles,
2) ability to work well in teams, and
3) ability to promote a strong safety and compliance culture.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Laboratory experiments and analyzing data, documenting results in an electronic notebook, and drafting and reviewing technical reports.
- Bachelors' degree & 2 YOE
- M.S degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Physics or related discipline, OR
- B.S. degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Physics or related discipline with 3+ years work experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
Employee Value Proposition:
- Two or more years of experience directly related to analytical testing or characterization of protein drug products.
- Strong laboratory analytical skills, including routine testing as well as the design and execution of scientific experiments and interpretation of results.
- Hands on experience working in lab with knowledge of HPLC, LC-MS, subvisible particles, light scattering, or spectroscopy.
- Experience developing, qualifying, and/or validating analytical methods, analyzing data, and setting acceptance criteria to support product comparability studies.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other scientists on multidisciplinary, cross-functional teams and an understanding when to seek input and when to make independent judgments.
This team is in the analytical department. You will have the ability to work with world class instruments and people.
No experience in the lab.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are also welcome to share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.