Data Scientist – Tableau/Visualization Developer (JP8212)
Thousand Oaks, Ca. (Fully Remote)
18 months with likely extension
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Data Scientist for a consulting engagement with our client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated, detailed-oriented Tableau developer and analyst to fill our Tableau Developer / Advisor role. You will work closely with other team members in fielding requests for reporting and visualization needs to develop solutions using data and visualization practices.
The ideal candidate will possess a passion for data and visualization analytics and have a strong understanding of data concepts and programming skills. The candidate will primarily use Tableau products but should possess skills using custom SQL and dashboard creation. He or she should be able to work well in a multi-functional team in designing a compelling reporting product and be able to communicate well with clients.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Design performance Tableau dashboards, applications, and storytelling.
- Use data and programming skills to transform and manipulate data sources as needed.
- Partner with team members to meet project goals and deadlines.
- Consult with clients for building user stories; including ascertain the true business need and guide the business on the most value-add product(s) that meet the business objectives.
- Provide recommendations and insights on design elements.
- Understand how clients ultimately utilize the data
- Deliver Tableau capabilities as a visual data analysis expert.
- Collaborate to establish best practices by sharing experiences and knowledge within the team; including providing quality assurance of teammates deliverables as well as data inputs utilized.
- Provide quality, accurate, and consistent service to the clients.
- Expertise in Jira is required
- Expertise in agile/scrum is required
- 5 years Agile and Tableau experience required
- Expertise in Agile Practices
- Expertise in Tableau and Jira
- Experience working with senior leaders
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
- Expertise working with large data sets, data mining, and machine learning tools
- Experience in various artificial intelligence applications
- Expertise in Python and/or R and/or SQL programming languages
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Independent, self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in time-sensitive environments, and skilled in communication, facilitation, and collaboration
- Familiarity with DevOps and software best practices (i.e., version control, continuous integration, test driven development)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Dat to Day Responsibilities:
- Tableau experience (Development and Visualization)
- Jira Experience
- Visualization ideas
- Ability to work without continuous direction.
- Jira or Tableau certifications a plus
Code, build, configure tableau dashboards. Create Visualizations from working sessions. This person will be working with Executives and given an idea or asked to answer a question with data and expected to create industry leading visuals and dashboards.
Employee Value Proposition:
Great experience working on complex projects at a leading biotech company
No development experience;
Poor communication skills
Video Skype Panel Interview
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are also welcome to share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.