: Associate Scientist (JP8263)
Thousand Oaks, CA
: 12 months with likely extensions
Job posting date
Remote until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted. Must be on site M-F when the site re opens. Onsite Essential
3 Key Consulting is hiring an Associate Scientist for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global bio-pharmaceutical company.
- Bachelors' degree & 2 YOE
- To perform experiments, organize data and analyze results under minimal supervision. With minimal supervision, plans, conducts or monitors experiments, records and organizes data, analyses results, generates robust and reliable data and/or Ensures that contracted studies are conducted in compliance with the respective protocol and applicable guidelines and regulations.
Top Must have Skill Sets:
- Monitors or follows established experimental design and protocols and performs routine tasks and studies to obtain reproducible and reliable results with limited supervision.
- Plans, monitors, or conducts, analyzes and records experiments, and provides interpretation of data.
- Effectively transfers experimental methods from literature to the lab and makes modifications, as necessary.
- Develops and implements new protocols with moderate review.
- Engages coworkers in scientific discussions.
- Communicates data and interpretation to work group.
- Skilled at developing systems to ensure quality data.
- Skilled and/or knowledgeable in the use of standard laboratory equipment and with one or more major laboratory instruments/techniques.
- Effectively trouble-shoots equipment and experimental difficulties.
- Contributes to internal/external reports, papers, presentations, regulatory documents, invention disclosure submissions and/or patents.
- Participates in department-wide support efforts such as safety, recruiting and committees.
- May train staff and/or supervise others.
- Coordinates and organizes resources needed to complete the task.
- Understands when to seek input and when to make independent judgments.
- Skills: degree in Biology, Biochemistry or Analytical Chemistry ; experience in a Biopharmaceutical working environment
- Mammalian expression, such as host cell culture, transient transfection, stable cell line generation;
- Preferred: Protein expression analysis, such as SDS-PAGE, Western blotting; Molecular biology such as DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, RT-PCR, qRT-PCR.
Employee Value Proposition:
- Produce large molecule therapeutics from early-stage screening through material supply in manufacturability assessments along with pre-clinical studies.
- Develop technologies to optimize large molecule therapeutics expression.
This group is focused on mammalian cell culture. A person in this role will gain skill in this are
Not available to start by the end of March.
Limited hands-on experience.
Not able to work in a team.
Phone interview with me followed by online interview with manager and some colleagues. Manager can start interview any time.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com
. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.