Scientist Senior Associate (JP8436)
South San Francisco, CA. 94080 (Onsite Essential)
1+ years (with likely extensions)
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Scientist Senior Associate
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
Ability to execute experiments to quantitate molecular entities by mass spectrometry in support of both drug discovery and early development programs. Experience in high resolution LC-MS/MS. Developing suitable assays for met id, reactivity etc. and strategies to support small molecule drug design and SAR. Knowledge in enzyme kinetics and drug distribution is added advantage.
To perform experiments, organize data and analyze results under minimal supervision. With minimal supervision, plans, conducts or monitors experiments, records and organizes data, analyses results, generates robust and reliable data and/or ensures that contracted studies are conducted in compliance with the respective protocol and applicable guidelines and regulations.
Why is the Position Open?
- Skilled at developing systems to ensure quality data.
- Skilled and/or knowledgeable in the use of standard laboratory equipment and with one or more major laboratory instruments/techniques.
- Effectively trouble-shoots equipment and experimental difficulties.
- Contributes to internal/external reports, papers, presentations, regulatory documents, invention disclosure submissions and/or patents.
- Participates in department-wide support efforts such as safety, recruiting and committees.
- May train staff and/or supervise others.
- Coordinates and organizes resources needed to complete the task.
- Understands when to seek input and when to make independent judgments.
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Motivated and prefers to work in the laboratory.
- Ability to execute experiments to quantitate molecular entities by mass spectrometry in support of both drug discovery and early development programs. Experience in high resolution LC-MS/MS.
- Developing suitable assays for met id, reactivity etc. and strategies to support small molecule drug design and SAR.
- Knowledge in enzyme kinetics and drug distribution is added advantage.
The successful candidate will work in a team environment to characterize the absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion, and pharmacokinetic properties of small molecule drug candidates to achieve their full pharmacological potential. Responsibilities include:
- Monitors or follows established experimental design and protocols and performs routine tasks and studies to obtain reproducible and reliable results with limited supervision.
- Plans, monitors or conducts, analyzes and records experiments, and provides interpretation of data.
- Effectively transfers experimental methods from literature to the lab and makes modifications as necessary.
- Develops and implements new protocols with moderate review.
- Engages coworkers in scientific discussions.
- Communicates data and interpretation to work group.
Employee Value Proposition:
- Bachelors' degree & 5 YOE degree (Biology, Biochemistry or Analytical Chemistry.
- Experience in a Biopharmaceutical working environment.
- Great Biotech/Pharma to work for.
- Ability to grow skillset.
Video Skype Panel Interview
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are also welcome to share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.