Project Manager (JP8477)
Thousand Oaks, CA. (100% Remote)
Corporate Manufacturing – Contract Manufacturing
1+ years (with likely extensions)
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Project Manager
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
Biotechnology experience is a MUST.
As part of the client Contract Manufacturing Business Operations and Strategy team, the Technology Transfer (TT) Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating NPI/tech transfer project as well as key continuous development initiatives and life-cycle projects in the network of functions, which includes Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, Process Development and Finance. This is a unique opportunity for top professionals to join our progressive international organization, pioneer and leader in the development and commercialization of life-changing medicines,
These activities may include analyzing opportunities, project scoping and chartering, project strategy, process mapping and definition, process improvement and change management activities. In addition, the TT Project Manager will be responsible to align and integrate the performance management processes and systems across the organization and advance our culture of Operational Excellence.
The role includes managing cross-functional teams to support the development of consistent, robust processes and systems to ensure quality and supply reliability with our contract manufacturing network and will include partnering and close collaboration with Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs).
Standardization and continuous improvement activities are a primary focus for this stimulating and challenging role. Contract Manufacturing’s strategy is to embody continuous improvement and mature the lean culture to build strong long-term partnerships with external and internal stakeholders.
Why is the Position Open?
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Managed and led 2 years leading medium to complex projects, comfortable with change and uncertainty.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
- Knowledge of business principles, product development and commercialization or R&D in a life science, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device cGMP environment.
- Manage multiple cross-functional TT and New Product Introduction (NPI) projects of medium to high complexity to CMOs and ensure adherence to TT business process.
- Oversee the activities of all operations aspects involved in TT and NPI to CMOs to ensure a robust transfer.
- Partner with internal and external cross functional teams, manage TT related meetings, minutes, action items, escalations and drive decision making process.
- Coordinate creation/update of TT related documents.
- Project management of resource planning, generating metrics/ KPIs and presentation materials for management reviews and governance meetings.
- Enhance process alignment and driving strategic discussions in management and among the site teams.
- Responsible for building project plans and team assignments using Gantt charts, estimating project cost and adhering to budget, directing and monitoring work efforts daily, identifying resource needs, performing business quality reviews, and escalating functional, quality, timeline and cost issues appropriately.
- Utilize project management processes, software and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet internal and external customer expectations.
- Coordinate communication with all areas of the enterprise that impact scope, budget, risk and resources of the work being managed.
- Lead continuous improvement projects that deliver measurable gain in quality, efficiency and alignment within client. Apply the knowledge, skills, tools of project management / Operational Excellence (OE) to ensure optimal execution of projects and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Doctorate degree in Life Science with Project Management experience
- MBA with proven Project Management experience
- Master’s degree and 4 years of Project Management experience
- Business operations or bachelor’s degree and 6 years of Project Management experience
Employee Value Proposition:
- GMP environment work experience and thorough understanding of biological/chemistry technology transfer processes and timelines.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of tools within MS Office, Smartsheet, ThinkCell, and other software programs.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills, and influencing skills vertically and horizontally with integrity. Process oriented with business acumen.
- Strong organizational skills, strategic networking, self-motivation, collaboration and flexibility.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and writing skills.
- Has demonstrated the courage and ability to solve technical problems and challenges in Teams.
- Has proven communication skills (presents confidently and convincingly at all level of the organization).
- Expert skills in lead and managing people and team’s management of diverse cultures and geographic locations, conflict resolution with diplomacy.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Diverse role.
- Exposure to different departments.
- Grow skillsets.
- No experience with GMP environment work experience and no understanding of biological/chemistry technology transfer processes.
- Lack of interpersonal, verbal communication and writing skills.
- Do not know tools such as MS Office, Smartsheet or other key software programs.
Video Skype Panel Interview
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are also welcome to share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.