: Senior Research Associate (JP8495)
South San Francisco CA 94080
: 12 months with likely extensions
Job posting date
Note: Onsite Essential
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Project Manager
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global bio-pharmaceutical company.
Amgen is a leading global biotechnology company, with a mission to serve patients around the world. As a science-based, patient-focused organization, we discover and develop innovative therapies to treat serious illnesses. Our medicines have made a dramatic difference in the lives of millions. To underpin our commitment to serve patients, Amgen is hiring in the Department of Protein Technologies, Biologics, at our Research and Development facility in South San Francisco, CA (ASF).
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to join the ASF Protein Technologies group. This group provides comprehensive molecular cloning, protein expression, purification and analytics support for the early-stage pipeline of projects including both protein and small molecule therapeutics. The successful candidate will be a part of a team supporting lead identification of therapeutic proteins and protein reagent production for Amgen Research.
Candidate will work in a highly-integrated and collaborative team environment and contribute independently to diverse functions depending upon project needs and priority.
1. Protein purification
a) Purifying mammalian cell-expressed proteins using Akta chromatography system (including affinity purification, ion exchange, and size-exclusion chromatography).
b) Removal of protein tags using proteases; biotinylation of proteins, as needed.
2. Protein Analytics
a) SDS-PAGE, Western blotting
b) HPLC-SEC analytics of purified proteins and data interpretation
c) Mass Spectrometry analytics of purified proteins and data interpretation
3. General routine laboratory activities
a) Maintenance of laboratory and workstation cleanliness and organization
Top Must have Skill Sets:
- AS, BA or BS in science related field
- 2-10 years general laboratory experience with significant hands-on laboratory work demonstrating mastery of micro-pipetting, sample manipulation in small tubes and multi-well plates, SDS-PAGE; knowledgeable about and comfortable using other basic lab equipment (e.g., pH meter, balances, centrifuges); proficient making basic calculations, e.g., for making standard buffers from dry chemical ingredients or liquid stock solutions.
- 1-2 years’ experience purifying proteins from E. coli, insect and/or mammalian hosts; protein expression experience is a plus.
- 1-2 years’ experience with modern Akta Pure chromatography system (FPLC) using affinity-capture and SEC chromatography steps.
- 1-2 years’ experience with preparing and analyzing samples with mass spectrometry (e.g., TOF MS); interpretation of MS data is a plus.
- Ability to follow established laboratory protocols and adhere to data standards; attention to detail and careful execution of laboratory tasks are essential to our team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LIMS; experience with electronic notebooks
- Must work well in a team environment and be capable of Multitasking.
Employee Value Proposition:
- Biochemistry experience required.
- Protein purification
- Protein analytics
- Good organization skills
The person in this role will work in a great working environment and gain exposure to many areas of the company.
- No laboratory experience.
- No industry experience (Only academic experience)
Phone screen followed by a follow up phone interview.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com
. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.