Senior Engineer, Automation/DeltaV - Software (JP9341)
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA.
Employment Type: Contract
Business Unit: Advanced Technology and Automation
Duration: 1+ years (with possible extensions)
Posting Date: 10/20/2021
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Senior Engineer - Software for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
Senior Engineer will be a technical hands-on professional experienced with process automation software development in drug substance manufacturing. The role involves ownership and administration of process control automation in a regulated manufacturing setting. In this setting, the Senior Engineer will engage in, and execute managed process change requests per established SOP and processes.
The Senior Engineer will apply advanced automation engineering principles in the design, specification, configuration, startup, and commissioning of process equipment and systems for capital projects of significant scope and complexity. The Senior Engineer should be familiar with engineering processes from initial conceptualization through project turnover to operations, including familiarity with industry standards for batch control systems, software development life cycle methodologies, 21 CFR Part 11, and GAMP.
The Advanced Technology and Automation department leads the development of the electrical, software, and firmware subsystems of processing equipment for drug substance manufacturing.
Why is the Position Open?
Supplement additional workload on team.
Top Must Have Skills:
- Candidate must have a passion for software development.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Candidate must have a passion for software development.
Master's Degree and 3 years of Engineering experience
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of Engineering experience
Associate's degree and10 years of Engineering experience
High school diploma/GED and 12 years of Engineering experience
- Developing process control applications utilizing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems (SCADA).
- Support of capital projects. This role involves the application of advanced automation engineering principles in the design, specification, configuration, startup, and commissioning of process equipment and systems for capital projects of significant scope and complexity. Demonstrated understanding of project life cycles is preferred. Candidate should be familiar with engineering processes from initial conceptualization through project turnover to operations.
- Development of detailed specification, engineering documents, SOP and operating standards.
- Ownership and administration of process control automation in a regulated manufacturing setting. Engage in, and execute managed process change requests per established SOP and processes.
- Gather data and participate in technical root cause analysis, incident investigations, and troubleshooting on process control issues related to electrical, instrumentation and control systems.
- Design and testing of newly installed and currently installed automation based process equipment. Support new product introductions or new technology introductions by performing engineering assessments, implementing automation system configuration changes and supporting engineering runs.
- Apply standard process control methods and approaches to complex problem solving.
- Support a safe working environment by complying with all pertinent environmental health/safety practice, rules and regulations
Employee Value Proposition:
Industry leader in processing for Biotech. Lots of exposure to new technology.
- B.S or M.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, Biotech Engineering or related life science engineering.
- Strong control system automation background focused specifically in design, installation, programming and validation of automated processes are essential.
- 2 or more years combined experience with the following product platforms: Emerson DeltaV DCS systems version 11 or above, Rockwell Automation Factory Talk & ControlLogix PLC Platform, and/or Siemens TIA Portal
- Ability to create, update and read electrical design packages including URS, FS, SDS, HDS, IQ, OQ among other engineering and validation documentation.
- Knowledge of ASTM 2500, S88 and S95 techniques. - Batch processing a desired advantage.
- Strong leadership, technical writing, and communication/presentation skills are required.
- Work schedule flexibility as required to support 24/7 operations, requiring occasional after-hours and weekend engineering coverage.
- Experience in developing and implementing automation strategies for New Product Introduction and New Technology Deployment.
- Direct experience in process control engineering and troubleshooting with unit operations such as media, harvest, bioreactors, chromatography, vial filtration, and ultrafiltration/diafiltration. Any experience with continuous batch processing will be preferable.
- Experience utilizing the PI data historian.
- Cleaning systems: CIP’s, COP’s, Glass washers, and Autoclaves.
- Position requires a working knowledge of building automation systems, electronic batch records, PLC, OPC, Foundation Fieldbus, Profibus, and DeviceNet technologies, as well as HVAC, purified water systems (RO, WFI).
- Working knowledge and experience with change management procedures and engineering practices on pharmaceutical/biotech production processes, facilities, and equipment.
- Must be independent, self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in project environments, and skilled in communication, facilitation, and collaboration. Individual must be a team player prepared to work in and embrace a team-based culture that relies on collaboration for effective decision-making.
Video Skype Panel Interview
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are also welcome to share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.