Associate Scientist (JP9834)
Thousand Oaks, CA.
Pre-Pivotal DP Synthetic Enabling Technology
3 Key Consulting is hiring an Associate Scientist
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
Job Title: Project Manager – REMOTE - (JP9268)
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA. (100% REMOTE)
Employment Type: Contract
Business Unit: Medical Device Supply and Raw Materials
Duration: 1+ years (with likely extensions)
Posting Date: 10/14/2021
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Project Manager for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
In this laboratory-based on-site position, you will work within a cutting-edge solid-state chemistry team to support drug development. You will perform several functions and work across Process Development sites as you use solid state characterization tools to derive knowledge that will help drive efficient development and scalable understanding of processes and products in client’s small molecule pipeline.
The ideal candidate would possess:
Why is the Position Open?
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
- Proficiency in solid state characterization techniques, such powder X-ray diffraction, particle analysis by laser diffraction, thermal analysis (TGA/DSC), optical microscopy, surface area measurement.
- Attention to detail, adaptability to new techniques and multiple tasks, ability to solve problem and meet deadlines, and effectiveness to work independently and as a team member.
- Strong computer skills in instrumentation and data processing in a client-server environment.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Experience with solid state characterization techniques. 1-2 years experience
- Strong knowledge in physical and organic chemistry. Bachelors degree in chemistry or chemical engineering
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Perform solid state characterization measurements and analyses.
- Design and conduct experiments for form screening and form characterization analysis by following instructions and guidance from project representatives.
- Interpret data, maintain timely documentation (i.e. electronic notebooks), and contribute to technical reports and presentations in a cross-functional team environment.
- Participate in lab housekeeping, maintain lab equipment and supplies, and comply with lab safety guidelines.
- May work occasionally on flexible schedule, i.e. starting early morning or finishing late evening, depending on the project need
Employee Value Proposition:
Candidate would be interfacing with many function areas. Candidate would have a great connection to the pharm development. This is a great hands-on experience and position.
- B.S. with degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Pharmaceutical Science or related scientific background experience. Pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various solid-state characterization techniques such as XRPD, TGA, DSC, particle size, microscopy, surface area, DVS, etc.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- No background in physical science
- No hands on experience with web chemistry labs
Phone screening followed by in-person interview.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are also welcome to share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.