Job Title: Engineer Senior - Biopharma Medical Device (JP9881)
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA.
Employment Type: Contract
Business Unit: FPT Development Product Engineering
Duration: 1+ years (with likely extensions and/or conversion to permanent)
Posting Date: 2/24/2022
Preferred to be onsite, but in special cases could be remote.
3 Key Consulting is hiring an Engineer Senior for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
Lead teams in the development of drug delivery devices. Scope includes a wide range of devices, such as; needle protection systems, fluid transfer devices, pen injectors, automatic pen injectors, and micro-infuser delivery pump systems. The qualified candidate will lead technical teams to ensure successful device development of these mechanical and electro-mechanical medical devices. The Principal Engineer will work closely with team members to develop detailed engineering specifications, device design & development, support verification, validation, and regulatory submissions of these devices. The role of the Principal Engineer is to work within a cross-functional organization to utilize technologies and methodologies that support short-cycle robust device development. Responsibilities include:
Why is the Position Open?
Top Must Have Skills:
- Work cross-functionally with individuals and project teams in Marketing, Operations, and Development.
- Create and assess product requirements to determine technical coverage and proper integration different subsystems.
- Create and execute to project plans and schedules.
- Develop, execute, and review architecture documents, design documents, specifications, development plans, characterization plan, verification and validation plans and other related product development documents for assigned projects.
- Provide deep technical assistance for junior engineers.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Design controls.
- Mechanical testing.
- Drug delivery experience.
- Risk base process.
- Presentation skills.
- Author device documentation to support development, planning, verification, validation, and transfer.
- Author test protocols and execute mechanical testing of drug delivery devices.
- Presentation and communication skills (within program teams).
- Execute and deliver within regulated development processes.
- Proactively maintains close communication with technical leads.
- BS in Engineering and previous experience in a medical device industry.
- 10 years current experience with engineering processes and procedures.
- Led projects from development through the 510k and PMA approval process.
- Strong background in engineering and commercialization of electro-mechanical medical devices.
- Experience with material & test specs generation, protocol & report writing, process & test development, prototyping, design verification, DOE/SPC process optimization & validation (IQ, OQ, PQ), FMEA.
- Product design/development (design control) from concept to post product launch for Europe (EMEA/CE Mark) & US (FDA/PMA/510k) submissions.
- Experience in drug/device combination product design and development.
- Familiar with the following standards:
- Quality System Regulation (21CFR820 o Risk Management; ISO 14971)
- EU Medical Device requirements (Council Directive 93/42/EEC
- Medical Electrical Equipment (EN 60601).
- Small scale device assembly experience).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Strong problem solving, risk assessment, and risk management skills.
- Must be capable of working on multiple projects in a deadline driven environment.
- VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Qualified candidates with either a strong Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, OR Systems/Software Engineering background need apply and will be considered.
- Less than 5 years of experience,
- Jumpy job history,
- Lack of enthusiasm and not self-motivated
Video Skype Panel Interview.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are also welcome to share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.