Category Manager - IS (JP4966)
Thousand Oaks, Ca.
6 months with likely extension
: Sourcing Excellence & Contract Management
3Key Consulting Inc. is looking to recruit for a Category Manager for a leading, international pharmaceutical company headquartered in Thousand Oaks, CA
Responsible for executing sourcing strategy focused on Information Technology (IS) categorie. In addition, will also support the development and implementation of sourcing and category management strategies across all other Amgen sites.
Top Must Have Skill Sets:
- Leading the appropriate sourcing process for new and existing business requirements;
- Executing the contract negotiation strategy
- Leading the contract negotiation through execution. Skills: sourcing/procurement experience; ability to analyze pricing data; negotiation skills, and excellent communication skills
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Experience gathering requirements from business partners to develop complex RFx
- Building, managing, and analyzing RFx responses and developing recommendations for vendor selection.
- Negotiating business and legal terms and conditions within a defined process as well as developing complex, detailed statements of work.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with various different levels of management
- Would prefer experience in Ariba or Fieldglass (or prominent E-Sourcing tool)- we need someone to to hit the ground running since there will not be a lot of training involved due to the length of contract.
- At least 12 months experience - no more than 7 years of experience
Employee Value Proposition:
- Manage business stakeholders’ expectations to timeline.
- Assist business stakeholders in the development of business requirements and translate those requirements to requests for information or proposal.
- Use Ariba e-sourcing tools to conduct RFx, create, store, and route contracts for approval.
- Participate in other Sourcing Excellence activities as required.
Opportunity to operate at the global level and interact with sr stake holders in the organization. This person would be joining an extremely dynamic high performance team. This is also a critical category for the organization (Data) that helps drive revenue for the company and helps serve patients.
This position is not buyer (tactical) level work (it's not purchasing).
Phone screen followed by In-person interview. Direct manager, one peer, potentially Sourcing Excellence director. Able to begin interviewing later this week (11/5).
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to
If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.