Senior Engineer, Network Security/AWS (JP7747)
Tampa, FL (Start remote, then onsite after Covid-19 restrictions are lifted)
GIP - Identity, Architecture & Engineering
15 months with likely extensions
3 Key Consulting is hiring an IT Senior Engineer for a consulting engagement with our client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
Position involves support of senior staff in the initiation, design, and delivery of projects, particularly for automation related scope. Employ basic engineering skills and practices to gather user requirements and translate them into technical documentation for execution by third party firms. Assist with project definition by performing engineering studies and assessment for automation system installations. Perform field evaluations of existing systems and provide engineering design recommendations.
Why is the Position Open?
- Previous intern experience is a plus
- Experience with automation is a plus, as well as experience with computer programming, systems, and/or robotics.
Additional workload on the team.
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Network Security experience - (IDS/IPS) (3+ years of experience)
- Strong AWS knowledge (Amazon Web Services) (2+ years of experience)
- Security policy and standard knowledge (4+ years of experience)
- AWS certification
- Management and implementation of physical as well as AWS-based firewalls, proxies, VPN concentrators, and related network protection technologies.
- Develops, implements, and sustains network operating rules, objects, and flows across a complex, global enterprise.
- Collaborates with analysts, engineers, data scientists to deliver continuous improvement in cyber defense/resilience.
- Work with and provide guidance to Security Operations and other Information Security team activities on security strategies, processes, response and technologies
- Provide support to Incident Response on security incidents including mock security incident exercises
- Critically analyzes network infrastructure to find opportunities to improve efficiencies and reduce the threat profile
- Provide mentorship and training on areas of expertise to Information Security and company teams
- Participate in audits covering network security services and technologies
- Participate in proactive research and provide recommendations for continuous improvement on information security technologies, processes and services
- Participate in on-call coverage and perform effective escalation of problems and issues
Employee Value Proposition:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Communicates effectively and has a problem-solving mindset
- High attention to detail/reporting accuracy, while also able to focus on the overall problem/solution.
- Completes projects and makes decisions with minimal direction.
- Ability prioritize when needed to complete assignments.
- Tolerance of ambiguous situations.
- Strong project management skills and leads projects as required• Strong project management skills and leads projects as required.
- Provides analyses and recommendations to support decisions by team management.
- Time Management.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of directly related experience OR Associate’s degree and 6 years of directly related experience OR High school diploma / GED and 8 years of directly related experience.
implementing the latest generations of technology, dynamic environment working within the biotech/pharma industry, challenging project to ultimately grow their skill set
Excessive short term work history
Video Skype Panel Interview.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are welcome to also share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.