Medical Communications Manager, Biotech (JP7189)
Thousand Oaks, CA.
Job Posting Date:
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Medical Communications Manager
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
** this role will start remotely, and then will require you to be onsite M-F **
Working with limited supervision, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing high quality, scientifically rigorous resources that adhere to internal guidelines, SOPs, policies and industry regulations within the oncology therapeutic area. This will include, but not limited to:
- Reviewing field-based promotional and educational materials for scientific accuracy as part of the Material Approval and Compliance (MAC)
- Responding to escalations from the US call center to help address external customer questions regarding Amgen products and pipeline molecules
- Developing de novo US Medical Content to be used in regional medical communications and/or regionalizing global GCC resources for Medical Information and Regional Medical Liaisons
- Executing regional congress deliverables, disease state education programs and developing/adapting scientific content for online resources (e.g. websites, microsites, virtual congresses)
This role requires the ability to collaborate in a dynamic environment with multiple global and regional cross-functional teams, as well as to manage external providers and project-associated budgets
Doctorate degree OR
Master’s degree and 3 years of clinical, academic, or industry experience
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
- Doctorate degree (PharmD, PhD, MD, DO) with one or more years of cumulative experience in Medical/Scientific Affairs, Clinical Development, Clinical Research, patient care, and/or basic research.
- Prior experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development within the biopharmaceutical industry (or clinical experience) in the Hematology/Oncology disease area
- Understanding of Scientific Communications projects including disease state education programs, advisory boards, congress/publication plans, and RML resources
- Understanding of Medical Information capabilities, literature surveillance, adverse event and product complaints requirements
- Experience with marketed products and late-stage pipeline products
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills and the ability to critically analyze the scientific literature to form logical opinions and communicate key business and clinical information at multiple levels
- An understanding of the pharmaceutical commercialization process and knowledge of the legal and regulatory guidelines affecting promotion of prescription products
- The ability to work in teams and interface in a dynamic environment across corporate functions
- Prior experience managing consultants and vendors is desired.
In additional the preferred qualifications:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Excellent communicator, ability to work independently and ideally former experience in the idustry (i.e. as a fellowship student).
- Someone in the oncology field is helpful
- Someone that can ask the right questions and then understand
See job description. This role will require the ability to quickly onboard to take over the role of US Nplate lead
Employee Value Proposition:
Opportunity to gain additional experience.
Open to individuals that do not have direct experience as long as have demonstrated the ability to critically analyze information and adapt quickly to new environments/situations.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are welcome to also share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.