Manager, Bank Analytics & Reporting (S20000012)
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Manager, Bank Analytics & Reporting
for our client, a national insurance and financial services company.
Manages a team of professional technical loan analysts, financial analysts, financial consultants, and/or risk and data analysts. Oversees the department processes related to the selection, hiring, training and development of assigned staff. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for information systems focusing on the development, use and problem solving related to these databases and networks.
- Identifies ways to organize, store and analyze data within data systems efficiently, with attention to security and confidentiality, and ensuring that information flows timely and accurately within ACG as well as externally.
- Creates policies and oversees adherence for effective data management.
- Formulates techniques for quality data collection to ensure the adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data.
- Devises and implements efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects.
- Establishes rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders etc.
- Supports others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal, compliance and company standards.
- Monitors and analyzes information and data systems and evaluates their performance to identify ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.).
- Ensures digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses.
- Troubleshoots data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications.
- Assists with reports and data extraction when needed.
- Produces the short- and long-term financial planning for all products.
- Identifies risks, trends and opportunities for products to improve the operational efficiency and profitability of the Bank.
- Partners with product owners to determine the Bank credit risk appetite / tolerance and produces and maintains the Bank’s monthly budget to actual variance reporting, along with other daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Models the Bank’s annual plan, including developing new models for forecasting income and expense.
- Works with management to determine product profitability and best use of funds to meet strategic goals.
- Together with legal, finance, treasury, compliance and audit, identifies the risks that the Bank faces and develops preventive strategies and evaluates the business' recovery procedures in relation to data and the ability to produce reporting.
Manages the analytics team to produce the output needed to achieve the Bank’s strategies. Responsibilities include:
Why is the Position Open?
- Provide guidance to the team to perform industry research analysis and produce performance reports for all products.
- Oversees the delivery of reporting and product related analysis to all lines of business. Works with senior leadership, business line owners and the risk team to recommend pricing changes on all products.
- Manages the bank’s business processes to improve the operational systems and processes in support of organizations goals.
- Identifies the key control points in processes, assesses the risk associated with process control break downs and implements and monitors quality control and quality assurance programs for Bank processes.
- Manages and increases the effectiveness and efficiency of system administration services through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between IT, support and business areas.
- Maintains reporting and communication process to ensure all necessary internal and external constituents are aware of the internal control systems and the results of the quality tests or examination findings and resolutions to any deficiencies or breakdowns.
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Finance, or a related quantitative field Experience.
- 7 years of experience in Banking/Financial Services Products with at least 3 years of managerial experience with oversight for analytics, data team or financial planning and analysis (FP&A) team.
- Experience creating models and performing financial forecasting.
- Experience with product profitability reporting.
- 7 years of experience in Banking/Financial Services Products with at least 3 years of managerial experience with oversight for an analytics, data team or financial planning and analysis (FP&A) team.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience creating models and performing financial forecasting
- Master's degree in quantitative or finance field.
- Experience in financial services.
- Experience in financial planning and analysis for a bank or other corporation.
- Experience with Tableau.
- Experience with Datalakes.
- Knowledge of banking regulations.
- Knowledge of Regulatory capital ratios.
- Experience with product profitability reporting.
- Advanced analytical skills with ability to transform big data into actionable items for the business.
- Advanced financial reporting, planning and analysis skills at the corporate level (preferably at a financial institution).
- Advanced budgeting and forecasting skills at the corporate level (preferably at a financial institution).
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution, etc.).
- Familiarity with current database and information system technologies.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, and ability to work across multiple groups. Includes strong collaboration skills.
- Organized, proactive, results-oriented, with problems solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.).
- Detail oriented
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are also welcomed to share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.