Specialist Business Analyst - Biotech LIMS Upgrade (JP7346)
Thousand Oaks, CA. (Remote pending lifting of COVID restrictions).
6+ months (with likely extensions)
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Specialist Business Analyst
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
This role will serve as a Demand Owner to ensure requests for production system enhancements and fixes are prioritized and executed through the existing change control processes within the Product Monitor & Test service. The incumbent will also be an occasional delegate of the Service Owner and will collaborate with development teams and external suppliers to deliver, operate and continuously improve solutions in a manner that is scalable, secure, and aligns to approved methodologies.
Why is the Position Open?
Backfill - specialized project.
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Business Analysis skills (3-5 years of experience).
- Understanding and experience working with or configuring laboratory support systems such as Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), Lab Execution Systems (LES) and/or Chromatography Data Systems (CDS) (3-5 years of experience).
- Appliance Support - laboratory (3-5 years of experience).
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent communicator
- Own the intake, assessment and approval of enhancements for LIMS and LIMS reporting systems supporting GMP product release testing, stability and environmental monitoring.
- Support the on-going LIMS Upgrade Project, as needed.
- Effectively engage business users to analyze business needs, elicit, refine and document business and solution requirements and recommend design to meet efficiency, quality and client satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Lead vendors and contractors providing guidance as necessary to ensure the delivery of work.
- Ensure the incident and service requests are resolved with in the Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Manage support vendors to ensure quality delivery of lifecycle management artifacts, including requirements, design, IQ, OQ and RTM.
- Work with development team to help translate business requirements to technical specifications.
- Oversee all facets of testing (e.g. Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Usability Testing, Acceptance Testing, Regression Testing, Beta Testing).
- Provide critical thinking and strategic discernment to resolve technical challenges.
- Work with and or adapt to multiple project methodologies (e.g. Agile, Rational, Waterfall).
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with business clients.
- Lead medium to large, cross-functional project teams/workstreams, facilitate meetings and present to management teams.
- Conduct post-implementation assessment of projects to assure business requirements have been met.
- Computer Science or equal.
- Bachelor’s degree + 3-5 years of experience.
- Masters + 3-5 years of experience.
Employee Value Proposition:
- 3-5 years experience in supporting and implementing Thermo LabSystems SampleManager at a global scale.
- Demonstrated understanding of requirements management and business processes design.
- Working knowledge of laboratory information systems, lab execution systems and chromatography data systems.
- Understanding of and ability to lead Agile teams (SCRUM)
- Great teammate that can work with multi-functional teams, peer relationships, informing, understanding and appreciating differences.
- Ability to follow to SOPs, methodologies and policies.
- Experience working in a GMP regulated environment.
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative.
- Highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to set the context and present on complex subjects in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience in or C#, Oracle PL/SQL and Thermo VGL is a plus.
- Experience in laboratory operations.
Work and support quality testing, making sure the products are produced with quality, fast-paced work environment, growing their experience in large scale quality projects, excitement to be able to deliver and assuring getting the products out at the highest quality - growing their skill set - cross collaboration between 5-10 people.
Video Skype Panel Interview.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are also welcome to share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.