Category Manager - Biotech Strategic Sourcing (JP7692)
Thousand Oaks, CA. (Remote work until Covid-19 restrictions are lifted)
GSS USBO & Digital Health
10 months with likely extensions
Job posting date
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Category Manager
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
Responsible for managing sourcing processes focused on the Sales & Marketing Services category that may include Agencies (creative, production, social media, public relations), Media (traditional and digital), Print, and Sales Support. In addition, will also support the development and implementation of sourcing and category management strategies.
Your Strategic Contribution includes:
- Drive cross-category collaboration with ‘overlapping’ partner groups, and geographic regions
- Develop broad and actionable category strategies that deliver against current and future needs for the company
- Bring diverse partners and perspectives together and facilitate achievement of common goals and objectives
- Work with our Sourcing Excellence team to lead complex RFXs and negotiations in collaboration with business partners (Legal, Compliance, Audit etc.)
- Lead and influence decisions with sound and articulate recommendations
- Deliver quantitative and qualitative value through cost savings, innovative practices, and break-through solutions in a legal & regulatory context
- Develop positive strategic relationships with key internal business partners within the Commercial Operations, Corporate Affairs, and Medical teams. Act as a trusted business advisor
- Design and develop multi-year sourcing strategies across the Sales & Marketing category (Category Management)
- Participate in and contribute to the Supplier Relationship Management programs
- Act as subject matter expert on company Sourcing Policy, best practices, and compliance
- Build industry/category peer relationships bringing back innovative practices.
- Sourcing/procurement experience
- Statistical analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with a team.
Master’s degree and 2 years of Sourcing and/or Finance and/or Management Consulting and/or Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of Sourcing and/or Finance and/or Management Consulting and/or Agency experience
Why is the Position Open?
Support additional workload.
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
Employee Value Proposition:
- Functional or Sourcing experience in one or more of the marketing categories (traditional media, digital advertising, creative, social media, public relations, print, contracted sales support, and/or multi-channel marketing)
- Strong analytical skills including ability to analyze data and present insights based on audience needs (reporting skills)
- soft skills: Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, sophisticated organization, time management, and problem-solving skills
working with a dynamic team and many innovative projects, growing your skill set
- Poor communication skills
- Poor ability to work cross functionally and with a team.
3-5 phone/video interviews.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are welcome to also share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.