: Associate Scientist (JP7683)
Thousand Oaks, CA
: 18 months with likely extensions
Job posting date
: 23 September 2020
Working on site 50/75% of the time during COVID-19
3 Key Consulting is hiring an Associate Scientist for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global bio-pharmaceutical company.
- Test samples using analytical tools, such CE-SDS, cIEF, SDS-PAGE; and purification techniques such as Protein A purification.
- Adhere to client’s RA TAT for samples results.
- Ability to work and adapt in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Complete and review accurate electronic laboratory records in a timely fashion.
- Work with development team to implement methods, analyze and interpret data.
- Generate written reports as needed.
- Communicate project updates as appropriate.
- Solve technical problems with both instrument and assay issues as part of troubleshooting.
- Participate and present scientific data in meetings.
- Interact with clients for data and project demands.
- Maintain instruments and follow lab’s general procedures.
- Possess good technical analytical techniques for CE analysis.
- Experience with automation and software for use in high throughput lab setting such as TECAN.
- Proficient using data analyses software, such as Chromeleon, Empower, and 32 Karat.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, a positive attitude and proactive mindset.
- To perform experiments, organize data and analyze results under minimal supervision.
- With minimal supervision, plans, conducts or monitors experiments, records and organizes data, analyses results, generates robust and reliable data and/or Ensures that contracted studies are conducted in compliance with the respective protocol and applicable guidelines and regulations.
- Follow safety protocols.
- Run samples/execute assays within allotted period.
- Do data analyses and report results.
- Write/maintain lab notebooks within general SOP guidance.
- Clean/maintain lab areas/instruments.
- Work/interact with manager, colleagues, different teams, and clients.
- Monitors or follows established experimental design and protocols and performs routine tasks and studies to obtain reproducible and reliable results with limited supervision
- Plans, monitors or conducts, analyzes and records experiments, and provides interpretation of data
- Effectively transfers experimental methods from literature to the lab and makes modifications as necessary;
- Develops and implements new protocols with moderate review.
- Engages coworkers in scientific discussions.
- Communicates data and interpretation to work group.
- Skilled at developing systems to ensure quality data.
- Skilled and/or knowledgeable in the use of standard laboratory equipment and with one or more major laboratory instruments/techniques.
- Effectively trouble-shoots equipment and experimental difficulties.
- Contributes to internal/external reports, papers, presentations, regulatory documents, invention disclosure submissions and/or patents.
- Participates in department-wide support efforts such as safety, recruiting and committees.
- May train staff and/or supervise others.
- Coordinates and organizes resources needed to complete the task.
- Understands when to seek input and when to make independent judgments.
: Bachelors Degree/Masters Degree - degree in Biology, Biochemistry or Analytical Chemistry ; experience in a Biopharmaceutical working environment.
Top Must have Skill Sets:
Employee Value Proposition:
- Scientific technical skills (laboratory techniques, LC) (2+ years of experience).
- Computer skills (Empower, Chromeleon, 32 Karat - Sciex PA 800 Plus) (2+ years of experience).
- Instrumentation experience (Sciex/CE-SDS) (2+ years of experience)..
- Soft skills-people oriented, time management
working at a great biotech/pharma company, growing their skill set.
1) Lack of or incomplete education
2) Conflict with management and peers
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com
. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.