: Associate Scientist (JP7702)
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138
: 24 months with likely extensions
Job posting date
: 28 September 2020
Note: Onsite Essential
3 Key Consulting is hiring an Associate Scientist for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global bio-pharmaceutical company.
The role is placed within Client’s Cambridge, MA (AMA) Oncolytic Virus PD team and will report directly to the PD Principal Scientist for this team.
The role is to provide process development lab support to process development operations for support and lifecycle development of a viral product. The successful candidate will apply fundamental scientific principles to Biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes (upstream cell culture and downstream purification) including:
- Production of live viruses at both bench and pilot manufacturing scales.
- Support for a GMP manufacturing process.
- Development of novel mammalian cell culture and next generation purification steps to increase yield and process robustness.
- Cell culture operations to support pilot scale batch production and scale-down lab studies
- Preparation and performance of purification methods e.g. Ultrafiltration, Chromatography (incl column packing), filtration.
- Routine periodic equipment maintenance e.g. cell counter calibrations, equipment cleans
- A good understanding of mammalian cell culture processes; bioreactors, metabolism profiling, influence of raw material attributes and aseptic handling.
- A good understanding of chromatography, ultrafiltration, and normal flow filtration operations.
- Familiarity with chemical engineering principles for the scale up of unit operations from bench scale to commercial scale. Understanding process capabilities and means to achieve yield optimizations and increased efficiencies.
- 1-2 years of experience in a Biotech/Pharma Process Development and/or Manufacturing Support role for drug substance manufacturing.
- Recent graduates from scientific background welcomed.
- Able to apply engineering principles and statistical analysis, including design of experiments, in-order to solve processing issues and evaluate opportunities for process improvements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work under moderate direction.
- Able to analyze and interpret data.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to take on several projects at one time.
- Experience of GMP documentation and principles
Bachelor’s Degree in science related field
Top Must have Skill Sets:
Employee Value Proposition:
- Experience at cell culture operations, preferably mammalian cell culture (0-2 years’ experience).
- Understanding of GMPs, preferably having worked to GMP standards previously (0-2 years of experience).
- Statistic/chromatography exposure (0-2 years of experience).
- Soft skills: Ability to work and plan work independently and maintain documentation e.g. lab notebooks in a contemporaneous manner. Technical writing (plus, not required)
working within a cutting-edge project - growing your skill set within a virus-based project
1. Candidates with solely analytical method or chemistry experience and therefore limited transferable skills
2. jumpy resume
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com
. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.