Lab Manager – Biopharma (JP7736)
Thousand Oaks, CA
DPT Central Lab and Pilot Plant Ops
2+ year ( likely extensions and/or conversion to full-time)
: working on site 75% during COVID-19
3Key Consulting is hiring a Lab Manager for a contract engagement with our client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
lab operations, lab base experience is ideal. Minimum 2/3 years’ experience. Takes initiative, organizational, communication, and independence skills. This role is strategic role and the candidate must have experience and be able to provide metrics- gather data, manipulate the data, and report the data. Budgeting exp. and Project management skills.
Scientific lab equipment knowledge - Does not have to be expert on running lab equipment, but just have an operational understanding of it since they will be working with lab staff and scientists on daily basis. Openly and confidently be able to communication with lab staff/scientists. Someone who has managed a lab in any capacity would be the ideal candidate and understands processes in a lab and can facilitate the different processes in the lab. Other skill sets include: Calendaring, assisting with a few lab tasks from time to time, being able to continue to grow and learn on their own after training, type A personality, energetic, outgoing.
Areas of responsibilities include:
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
- Capital equipment and specialized supply purchasing
- Special projects
- IS Tactical Lead (PC, Software, Connectivity)
- Instrument data management
- Operational Excellence Projects
- Equipment management / ownership e.g. CEMS freezers, incubators
- Training (safety, lab processes)
- Work orders entering and tracking
- Maximo AAE updates
- Supply management
- Project Management
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Project Management exp.
- Ability to provide metrics – data analysis, data manipulation, and reporting
- Budget experience
Support all administrative lab needs:
Employee Value Proposition:
- purchasing, entering WOs, safety, interface with scientist and ISPs, reporting, metrics
- Work order support for all ISPs (LAMP, JLL, etc)
- Issue escalation/ resolution (maintenance, repairs, facility, etc)
- Cold Storage Program support
- Support asset move/add/ change (facility walks, EIC, EHSS Change control support, work order support)
This role is multi-faceted, have a lot of freedom in the work they will be doing. This is a high visibility role, will build relationships helping scientists resolve issues, very gratifying role-you will be able to see metrics and the value you provided.
- No experience in lab operations
- Poor communication
- Signs of conflict with previous experience
Phone screen followed by face to face.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to resumes @3keyconsulting.com
If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.