Environmental Health and Safety Manager (JP7750)
South San Francisco, CA. (Onsite Essential)
R&D Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics
Shift: M-F 9A-5P
1+ years (with likely extensions)
3 Key Consulting is hiring an Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) Manager
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
- Open to industry, ideally pharma or biotech.
- 2+ years of EHS experience.
We are looking for an Environment, Health, Safety and Manager to support our drive for world-class EHSS performance in a R&D laboratory environment. The EHSS Manager will Support Environmental Compliance at the client’s South San Francisco Campus and will also assist with key laboratory and facilities based safety and environmental programs, and partnering with clients to advance safety culture and manage EHSS risks.
The EHSS Manager will have an good understanding of California and local Environmental Regulations and lab based EHSS disciplines and be able to support Environmental compliance and laboratory clients with input from other EHSS subject matter experts at the site and from within the client’s EHSS community.
Why is the Position Open?
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Environmental regulatory compliance knowledge/experience.
- EHS risk assessment experience.
- Client support.
Manage all Environmental Compliance Tasks including:
- Hazardous Waste and Biohazardous Waste Program compliance
- Weekly Hazardous Waste Main Accumulation Area inspection
- Industrial Wastewater permit compliance
- Weekly in-house Wastewater sampling
- Wastewater Analysis recordkeeping
- Monthly Oil SPCC inspection
- DOT / Hazmat transportation compliance
- Air Permit Program Compliance
- Refrigerant program management
- Sustainability metrics reporting
- Assist the site program leads to ensure quality of execution for the Critical and Life Safety, Change Control, Risk Management and High Activities programs
- Assist the site program lead to establish and sustain a robust contractor safety program
- Assist the site program leads in project design reviews and pre-start-up safety reviews
- Support program leads and subject matter experts with oversight and metrics to monitor quality of execution for critical EHSS programs
- Accountable to Site EHSS Director.
- Frequently interact with Global EHSS Team.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years in EHS or Engineering related field experience
- Associate’s degree and 6 years in EHS or Engineering related field experience
- High school diploma / GED and 8 years in EHS or Engineering related field experience
Employee Value Proposition:
- Demonstrated success in Environmental Compliance, Hazardous Waste Management, Lab Safety, Cal OSHA compliance and Risk Assessments.
- Ability to partner with and effectively influence laboratory and facilities staff and management.
- Experience in the following disciplines to assist the program owners and subject matter experts:
- Cal OSHA Compliance.
- California Hazardous Waste Management.
- Lab Safety.
- Construction Safety.
- Risk Assessment.
- Critical and life safety procedures (LOTO, Confined Space, Electrical and Pressure Safety).
- In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Strong team player with excellent collaboration skills.
- Strong data analysis and graphics skills.
- Understanding of biology research lab operations.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, action oriented, self-starting, program development and project management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software systems.
Opportunity allows for exposure to core area of responsibility, collaborate leaving in EHS network
Jumpy job history, lack of top 3 must have skills
Video Skype Panel Interview
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are also welcome to share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.