: Lab Manager - Biopharma (JP7783)
Thousand Oaks, CA
: 12 months with likely extensions
Job posting date
:12 oct 2020
Note: Onsite Essential
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Lab Manager
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global bio-pharmaceutical company.
- Candidate will be working on site, M-F, admin hours
- Candidate will be managing a process - not employees
- 3+ years (academia or industry)
- Experience with analytical equipment
- Lab experience within Pharma/Biotech or Research lab
- Ideal candidate would have synthetic small molecule, troubleshooting experience or experience from instrument vendor.
- Client is currently seeking a Lab Manager in our Pre-Pivotal Attribute Sciences Department in Thousand Oaks, CA. This group is responsible for early phase analytical development, including method development, method validation, method transfer, process, and product development support, and GMP testing of early phase drug substances and drug products.
- The Lab Manager will work closely with a team of analysts and scientists responsible for the technical aspects of developing the analytical tools to gain understanding of key attributes in product and process for early phase synthetic programs.
- The Scientist will integrate and successfully utilize platform and prior product knowledge to advance client practices and ensure success from clinical candidate selection to IND filings.
- The Scientist should have strong analytical chemistry and communication skills.
- Manage equipment including placing/tracking work orders, instrument installation, instrument validation and document review, and instrument troubleshooting.
- Communicate with cross-functional partners and vendors for equipment related issues
- Manage laboratory clean-ups.
- Manage pipette inventory and calibration.
- Support team with equipment related issues and inquiries.
- Daily walk of equipment to ensure instruments are operational and identify PMs coming up
- Schedule and follow-up on WOs, repairs, and new installations with LAMP
- Review and approve preventative maintenance and qualification paperwork from vendor
- Point of contact for all fridges and freezers
- Manage routine laboratory clean-ups
- Point of contact for pipette calibration
- Point of contact for GMP equipment decommission
- Maintenance and tracking of reference materials
Master’s degree and 1 years of scientific experience OR Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of scientific experience
Top Must have Skill Sets:
- Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- 3+ year’s post-graduate experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry with hands-on experience with instrumentation.
- Hands-on experience with HPLC/UHPLC, GC, Dissolution, and Spectroscopy equipment.
- Experience performing work and completing documentation in a regulated environment.
- Strong communication skills and proven track record of taking initiative to complete work.
- Excellent technical writing skills and attention details.
- Experience with Excel and inventory database platforms.
Employee Value Proposition:
- Hands on experience with analytical instrumentation (at minimum HPLC/UHPLC)
- Good documentation and compliance experience
- Clear and effective communication - Ability to multi-task and maintain detail orientation
Cross functional team with shared lab spaces with other departments.
: No experience with analytical equipment
Phone screen then Video
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com
. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.