: Associate Project Management (JP7831)
Thousand Oaks, CA
: 12 months with likely extensions
Job posting date
: 21 October 2020
Remote until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
3 Key Consulting is hiring an Associate Project Management for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global bio-pharmaceutical company.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Client’s, Digital Integration and Predictive Technologies (DIPT) team (within Process Development) is searching for an Associate Project Manager to support its portfolio of Digital programs.\
- Our ideal candidates will have experience in both program and project management. The candidate must be comfortable leading projects through the full life cycle (Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring & Control and Closure).
- The candidate enjoys tackling a problem with optimism and skillful thought, prefers a busy day to a slow day, and excels at organizing information from numerous sources and communicating it out (verbal and written).
Top Must have Skill Sets:
- Client Interface – strong comfort level in engaging business at all levels (staff through executive leadership); strong communication skills and professionalism.
- Oversight – manage multiple high-level, complex programs/projects within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and cost, to deliver specified requirements.
- Technical Aptitude - ability to speak to program concepts and software at an intermediate level (on the job training provided)
- Operational Work – a gate keeper for addressing incoming questions/issues/suggestions from the user base. Be the conduit to communicate important feedback; develop training materials to address gaps. Ensures all project requirements and/or objectives are documented. Coordinates and directs the activities of cross-functional project team members.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience working in a client facing portfolio/project management role.
- Expertise in running medium to large scale technical projects and supporting change management needs.
- Excellent understanding of project management processes and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal – written commutations must adhere to high content quality and design standards.
- Must have a helpful personality and like to solve problems in a consultative way.
- Well organized, detail oriented and capable of prioritizing numerous competing tasks.
- Flexibility to bring structure to vaguely defined problems – questions will require partnering with team members e.g. you must be a self-starter, be comfortable with ambiguity and always ensure requests are satisfactorily closed.
- Strong computer skills e.g. MS Office Suite, SmartSheet, MS Teams
- You need to be able to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
- Looking to work 40-hours a week, onsite in Thousand Oaks, California (post Covid).
- Ability to travel: Domestic and International ~5-10% (post Covid)
Preferred Qualifications/ Education:
- Has a Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification (or actively being worked on).
- Familiarity with client processes OR biopharma experience (understands different functional areas).
- Past experience managing a project portfolio of digital programs/project
- Education: Bachelors and PMP.
- Project Management
- SmartSheets, MS Teams
- Can-do attitude; does not easily give up – you will be the key person for organize our projects. This candidate will be provided direction and support but will need to be methodical and analytical when completing tasks – The client is a very large organization, there will be a lot of parties the candidate will need to engage for project success.
- Be comfortable, with being uncomfortable - Identifies a problem (he/she can’t stop here), identifies possible solutions & partners with teams on selecting one – the end goal will be known but all the steps in-between may not be known form the starting point, the candidate will need to work through these and not get flustered.
- Positive Attitude/Energy; does not wear his/her heart on his/her sleeve - This role will deal with client employees from around the world. This candidate must approach each one of them with a positive attitude regardless of the situation. In summary, this candidate must be a do-er - having the right attitude can get you through almost all situations).
Day to day responsibility will be focused on monitoring and moving the project portfolio forward.
Employee Value Proposition:
This unique role will allow you to be a part of high-visibility portfolio of projects. You will work directly with the project’s Thousand Oaks based team, leveraging and building your project management background, you will partner with different parts of the business (e.g. manufacturing, vendors, IT, Learning Teams, HelpDesk) to understand their needs and drive the project team to keep task moving forward. The projects you are involved in will have a positive impact on key client processes that support the making of human therapeutics and the patients that use them.
- Leaving assignments before complete.
- Unexplainable time gaps in resumes.
- References that are not from recent employers.
- References that are not direct supervisors.
Our interview process may be conducted virtually. This role will be asked to work from home until our sites open again. We want to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com
. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.