: Associate Scientist (JP7879)
Thousand Oaks, CA
: 12 months with likely extensions
Job posting date
: 3 November 2020
3 Key Consulting is hiring an Associate Scientist
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global bio-pharmaceutical company.
- 2+ years of experience within academia or pharma/biotech.
- Bachelor’s Degree Minimum.
- MUST HAVE: Chromatography, Bioreactor Operations & Data Analyses.
- Downstream experience is desirable.
- Candidates will be on site - lab based – x 3 roles.
- The Pre-Pivotal Drug Substance Technologies organization at the client develops, characterizes, and supports clinical drug substance manufacturing processes for all early-stage programs in the client portfolio.
- This lab-based position is located at our Thousand Oaks, CA site. The successful candidate will be responsible for support of the development, characterization, scale-up and support of upstream and downstream processes to enable clinical advancement of the client programs.
- This role is in an integrated bioprocess development group in which cell culture and purification scientists work together to advance client’s rich, exciting, and dynamic pipeline. With the client’s biology first approach, the position provides the unique opportunity to work on multiple modalities including antibodies, BiTEs, oncolytic viruses, bispecifics, and siRNAs.
- The successful candidate will design and execute experiments at the bench scale, spanning the end-to-end drug substance process, including both cell culture and purification operations. The candidate will apply established platform approaches and utilize problem-solving skills to rapidly solve day-to-day experimental challenges. Additionally, the candidate will utilize out-of-the-box thinking to contribute to technology development. Finally, the candidate will also expand and develop skills in both cell culture and purification, thereby further contributing to the integrated group.
Top Must have Skill Sets:
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience or master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Life Sciences, or other relevant sciences with a demonstrated record of excellence.
- Ability to identify, develop and implement solutions to practical problems through application of fundamental scientific and engineering principles, preferably in a process development environment.
Basic understanding of protein chromatography, filtration or cell culture principles; hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture, and/or purification operations is a plus.
- Prior experience with data analytical tools (Excel, Spotfire, etc.) is preferred. Experience with statistical analysis and programming in JMP, R, and/or Python environments is a plus.
- Motivated self-starter with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Team player with the ability to successfully work within a diverse team in a dynamic, cross-functional environment.
- Familiarity with design of experiments and statistical analysis of data desirable.
- Bioreactor Operations
- Data Analyses
Lab based position: individual will help with experiment execution.
Employee Value Proposition:
Integrated organization with exposure to upstream and downstream.
: Inability to perform laboratory work.
Phone & video.
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com
. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.