Sourcing Excellence Manager (JP8173)
Tampa, FL. (remote pending lifting of COVID restrictions)
6+ months (with likely extensions)
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Sourcing Excellence Manager
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
Client is searching for a Sourcing Excellence Manager who will be responsible for helping execute the sourcing processes across a variety of categories as part of the Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS) department. The Manager will report to the Senior Manager Sourcing Excellence and will work out of the client’s Capability Center located in Tampa, Florida.
Why is the Position Open?
- Sourcing Excellence Manager will provide support to a variety of categories based on the strategic demands of procurement stakeholders/customers.
- To help execute and implement the sourcing and purchasing needs of client’s US based spend across all the above categories within the G&A corporate functions.
- To execute sourcing (eRFX) for the Global (GCM) Category Management Teams.
- To be a Procurement Process and Systems expert ensuring compliance with all relevant sourcing policies and procedures.
- To be a Contracting expert, leading contracting activities, managing ongoing contract management needs (for Strategic and Supply Constrained Categories) and to be accountable for hand-off to Contract-to-Pay teams.
- Executing Global/Regional Sourcing Strategies.
- Work is guided by operational and project related objectives defined by GCM/RCM.
- Implement global/regional sourcing strategies across US markets.
- Document (in Ariba) and guide sourcing execution through to implementation.
- Communicate to GCM/RCM local and regional requirements impacting category strategies.
- Support supplier analysis and market intelligence activities.
- Manage Request for Proposal and Quotation processes (eRFX).
- Ensure sourcing tactics drive value in specific functional business environments, including legal & regulatory context.
- Develop, maintain, and implement preferred supplier lists.
- Implement supplier improvement programs within key supplier relationships.
- Implements new procedures and processes to drive desired results.
- Delivering Value for Customers.
- Understands business goals and customer needs to implement opportunities while providing training and guidance.
- Partners with colleagues in Finance and all other Function Heads as appropriate Supports / Manages delivery and validation of savings for Global Category Managers Anticipates and prevents potential problems through root cause analysis.
- Managing Contracts.
- Ensure client’s procurement policies are followed, ensuring that compliance metrics are met or exceeded, supported through preferred supplier contracts:
- Inform stakeholders on client’s sourcing policies and procedures, providing support and corrective actions where required.
- Review and approve purchase requisitions and escalation of any non-compliant requisitions to the appropriate Global or Regional Category Manager.
- Lead and implement contracting with new suppliers.
- Support ongoing contract management (incl. renewing and renegotiating existing and expiring contracts).
- Travel - Less than 10%, domestic travel may be possible
Supplement additional workload on team.
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Strategic sourcing, supplier negotiations and contracting experience.
- e-Procurement experience (Ariba, SAP, Scout, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication & team-building skills.
Conducting the RFP process with suppliers utilizing our e-Procurement systems, including coordinating with business partners on scope / statement of requirements, conducting RFP events, consolidation and analysis of proposals, presentation to business partners, participation in supplier selection, and negotiating contracts with suppliers.
Master’s degree and 2 years of Sourcing, Contracting and/or, Project Management experience
Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of Sourcing, Contracting, and/or Project Management experience
Associate’s degree and 10 years of Sourcing, Contracting, and/or Project Management experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Sourcing, Contracting, and/or Project Management experience
Employee Value Proposition:
- Business or engineering degree preferred.
- Preferred Pharma/Bio experience but not required.
- Has solid understanding of sourcing processes (tendering, supplier negotiations and contracting) across multiple countries, across multiple spend categories.
- Competent in Project Management and independently develops practical solutions (Planning, prioritizing and delivery), with experience in leading project teams across geographic and functional reporting lines.
- Ability to provide thought leadership to customers and actively shape customer’s overall strategy while understanding business goals.
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, virtual team development, etc.) resulting in relationship building and development.
- Problem solving skills.
- Able to work with minimal direction, ensuring quality of tasks / service provided by self and other.
- Experience using e-procurement tools such as Ariba.
- Applies analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex situations using different information sources in order to draw and present analytic insights.
- Highly proficient with MS Office Suite, including Excel.
- Fluent business English, written and oral.
An opportunity to get into Biotech with client in a critical area (R&D).
No contracting experience.
No experience with e-Procurement systems.
Large gaps in employment history.
Poor verbal communication skills
Video Skype Panel Interview
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are also welcome to share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.