: Senior IS Engineer- IT Infrastructure Generalist (JP8183)
Louisville Kentucky 40201
: 12 months with likely extensions
Job posting date
Remote until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Senior IS Engineer
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global bio-pharmaceutical company.
- Are you a Senior IS engineer, with solid experience in IT Infrastructure Support? Based out of our Louisville Data Center, we need your expertise to support solutions that can help us better manage & improve IT operations at our Manufacturing sites.
- We provide the freedom to execute, learn, and pivot, and the responsibility to be self-directed, collaborative, and insightful. About You - you have experience building & supporting secure, stable & scalable distributed Infrastructure systems. Ideally, you have built software using Java, Go, C++, or similar languages. You have solid understanding of service-oriented platforms, cloud computing, and familiarity with microservices.
- You have demonstrated success in partnering with key stakeholders in previous roles.
- Communication is your strong suit: in code, in email, and face-to-face. You love finding and sharing best practices and driving higher discipline across organizations.
- Be comfortable outside of your comfort zone - explore new tech, make your own tool, or find a new way to address an old problem.
- We are seeking a Senior IS Engineer to join our Team to support Manufacturing and will play an integral role in building a holistic technology strategy while crafting roadmaps for successfully driving its tactical execution that aligns with the company’s overall objectives.
- The Senior Engineer will work closely with both business and technology groups, demonstrating the technical detail of a hands-on Senior Engineer: supporting, leading and implementing services and solutions – both on-premise and public cloud. Additionally, the incumbent is accountable for supporting daily operations and delivering technology solutions for the business, demonstrating speed and agility.
- The Infrastructure Team manages physical and virtual hosting – including, private and public cloud hosting options, operating systems, databases, middleware, storage, and backup.
- The Storage/backup group manages the large scale global NAS/SAN storage infrastructure that requires 24x7 uptime and meets compliance requirements.
- The GBS Architecture team is the enterprise group that leads the design and delivery of innovative technology solutions to streamline operations and increase business value.
- The Senior IS Engineer will report to the Senior Manager of Information Systems.
Key Activities for the Senior IS Engineer will include:
- Support Enterprise Storage Solutions (NAS & SAN) across the manufacturing landscape. Ideally, any experience with Backup & Data migration tools will be beneficial.
- Support Enterprise Operating systems across the manufacturing landscape, including Windows Server, Linux, Ubuntu. Ideally any Citrix experience will be beneficial.
- Support Enterprise Database platforms across the Manufacturing landscape, preferably for both SQL & Oracle.
- Continue to lead efforts to design, build and develop Proof of Concept (POC) solutions and services that will create or evolve integrated infrastructure and cloud service areas.
- Participate in IS risk assessments for new On-prem and Cloud technologies, ensuring compliance and best practice, including all relevant documentation.
- Support complex Storage Migrations, Hardware & Software upgrades, including security patches and updates across multiple manufacturing environments.
- Follow and adhere to best practice & Change Management processes.
- Travel: Domestic and international travel up to 10% may be essential.
Top Must have Skill Sets:
- Any industry, infrastructure/IT experience, Pharma or Biotech preferred.
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of IS Operations experience OR
- Master’s degree and 4 years of IS Operations experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of IS Operations experience OR
- Associates degree and 8 years of IS Operations experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 10 years of IS Operations experience
- Demonstrated experience across multiple infrastructure technologies - including Operating Systems, Databases, Application Hosting, Virtualization, Storage, Backups, Networking, etc.
- Experience in supporting on-premise & Data Center infrastructures, including Backups, Archiving, and DR solutions.
- Experience supporting one or more public cloud (AWS, Azure or Google), using their IaaS or PaaS capabilities.
- Automation experience using Chef/Puppet, Ansible, Shell Scripting in Windows or Linux.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, security fundamentals, role-based security, encryption etc.
- Excellent data-driven, problem solving analytical skills with proficiency in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues with previous experience in a high-performance team.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication and negotiation skills with ability to drive decisions amongst stakeholders while proving thought leadership and technical oversight to bring infrastructure & cloud enabled projects into high functioning production services.
- Very familiar with Change Control using Service Now.
Employee Value Proposition:
- Solid experience in supporting IT Operations, both On-Prem & in the Cloud
- Solid understanding of Microsoft & Linux Operating systems, Oracle & SQL Databases, NAS Storage, Networking, etc.
- Solid understanding of Virtualized Infrastructures, preferably VMware
If you want to really enhance and further develop your IT career then the GIS team is the right place to be - we provide the freedom to execute, learn, and pivot, and the responsibility to be self-directed, collaborative, and insightful.
Sometimes a candidate may have a jumpy job history due to many short IT contracts, which is not a concern for us. Also lacking the top 3 skills may not always be an issue, as come candidates may have similar skills, but what is key is someone that is technically inclined and the ability to learn quickly.
Phone & interview
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to email@example.com. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com
. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.