Genome Analysis Unit
12+ months (with likely extensions)
3 Key Consulting is hiring a Scientist
for a consulting engagement with our direct client, a leading global biopharmaceutical company.
The Genome Analysis Unit (GAU) is seeking a talented Computational Biologist, working remotely to further our mission of drug target discovery and validation in support of the Amgen therapeutic pipeline. As part of Amgen Research Biology, the scientist’s duties and responsibilities will include multi-omic data analysis and resource development to support Amgen Therapeutic Areas (Oncology, Inflammation, Cardiometabolic Disorders), Research Biomarkers, and Translational Safety.
Why is the Position Open?
Top Must-Have Skill Sets:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- PhD or Masters with 2+ years post-degree experience
- Experience working with at least two common "Omics" data types (transcriptomics, proteomics, genomics, etc.).
- Proficient with R and at least one other programming language.
- Multi-omic data analysis and resource development to support Client Therapeutic Areas (Oncology, Inflammation, Cardiometabolic Disorders), Research Biomarkers, and Translational Safety.
- Project selection will be tailored to the hire's skillset and current needs.
- Concrete examples of projects typical of our group would include (1) integrative proteomic/transcriptomic analysis to identify/validate targets suitable for a given disease indication and drug modality, and (2) development of a merged single-cell disease atlas from multiple public and/or internal datasets to leverage for target discovery/validation.
- Doctorate degree OR Master’s degree and 2 years of scientific experience within Pharma or Bio, or human disease
Employee Value Proposition:
- An advanced degree in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, or Data Science
- Experience with multi-omic data integration and analysis
- High proficiency with standard computational biology tools and methods (e.g. NGS data analysis, Git, Notebooks)
- Proficiency with R, an additional programming language (e.g. Python, Java, C/C++), and working in a Unix-based AWS environment
- Familiarity with drug development methodologies
- Background in human disease biology and/or genetics
- Experience with analysis and interpretation of single-cell RNAseq datasets.
Opportunity to work in research at a leading pharma company for new therapeutics. Varied diverse set of projects, interacting with different parts of organization.
- Lack of any scientific publications.
- Frequent short-duration employment.
- Degree is in less relevant field (e.g. Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics) with no or very limited exposure to biology.
Video Skype Panel Interview
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this particular position, please feel free to take a look at the other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com/careers. You are also welcome to share this opportunity with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.